Tenkuu no Shiro o Moratta no de Isekai de Tanoshiku Asobitai - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

gotta wonder how these people from the forest and miss heroine know their weight, measurements and the measuring standards of Japan

multiple intelligent beastpeople begin to question his morals based on what information on them that he has access to in the medbay

MC distracts them with food

mhm, this is isekai alright

Dex-chan lover
I hope you all will have nightmares now!

G29.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
I wouldn't be a least surprised if this mc would just let those two people in, since he's a naive idiot, who's just being a servant to side characters with his flying welfare/asylum office

let me guess, this generic simp mc will go for the underage underdeveloped bratty loli instead of shnee

@th30wl are you forgetting this is a Japanese manga made by a Japanse person from Japan? As in a country the uses metric instead of imperial

im actually more excited seeing the kings pimp throne than watching our Beta mc not figure out how survival instincts work

Dex-chan lover
sekai world using arabic numerals and metric system 😅
are you forgetting this is a Japanese manga made by a Japanse person from Japan? As in a country the uses metric instead of imperial
So? The point they were making was that it's weird she could read the numbers at all. Let's reference Ascendance of a Bookworm for a moment here as a for instance, the MC that was isekai'd in that story had to learn the local numerals in one of the earliest parts, 'cause they weren't familiar at all.

It's really strange, and might indicate that some other isekai'd person in the past greatly influenced the world, if they just straight up use one of our world's languages in some random fantasy world. But it's also at least a little weird if they have the same numerals, and should basically indicate something along those lines as well. If that isn't the intention, then it shouldn't be there.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro About the numerals thing.
I see your point, but I think this could fall into the Suspension of Disbelief, in a way.

It wouldn't be that unbelievable for them to create their own system in base 10, which is the basic step and what's important, imo. Granted, the way to "draw" those numbers would different, but...it's probably just a one-time thing to make the joke about the girls noticing he saw their measurements.

Dex-chan lover
@Tatherwood I'd like to refer to Ascendance of a Bookworm again here. I referenced that series for a very specific reason, and that is because the only thing different about the numbers there was the numerals used to write them. That is a perfectly acceptable method for including that part of a fictional language system in a setting without making suspension of disbelief particularly hard, because the numbers system should mostly end up familiar, anyway. The concept of "one" is still gonna be "one" even if it's written with different characters instead of a 1

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro Hm... I fear I'm kinda lost. That one is in my To Read list (I'm holding back for some comments about drama, or MC being stupid or something, can't remember), but as of now I haven't read it, so I'm not sure what you mean.

The concept of "one" is still gonna be "one" even if it's written with different characters instead of a 1
Of course. But isn't that the very point?
"One" will be "one", regardless of whether you write it I, 1 or 一. And "six" will be "six" regardless of whether you write it VI, 6 or 六.

The thing is, the first basic point is the base. When do we start "recycling" the numbers? Base ten? So 0-9 and then 10? Base 4? So 0-4 and then "five" would be...uh...01?
Sorry I can't explain this properly, never been good with numbers, but you get what I mean, no? Anyway, point is, it's not OUTLANDISH to think "okay, so that world has base 10 too", which, as I said, is the important step, imo.
Now, our world may use 6 and their world VI, which would make for a good (and interesting-ish) situation in which the MC has to learn VI or, in this case, the girls have to learn 6. But as I said, is it imperative to the story?
It may be for Ascendance of a Bookworm since I assume there's a focus on books, which means letters AND numbers. But I doubt it's important here. Especially cause, as I said, it's probably a one-time joke so the girls can go "wait, he saw my weight, kyaaaa!!" -.-'

I see your point, but I feel you're going too deep with it.
It's really strange, and might indicate that some other isekai'd person in the past greatly influenced the world
If this manga was more serious then maybe, but seeing what it is... It's like watching ANY Hollywood movie and saying "the fact that there's always someone who leaves their car unlocked and with the key in the solar visor is a clear indicator that, in that universe, humans are in fact mentally handicapped and have evolved differently from us".
Uh... True. But no. Suspension of Disbelief, that's it. It's stupid, but we have to roll with it...

Dex-chan lover
@Tatherwood This is partly my fault at this point because I over edited my reply, but the example I keep citing was using base 10. My whole point is that all they have to do is the absolute bare bones minimum illusion of a difference, practically just typing in wingdings or something, otherwise at a glance it looks like the other world society was influenced by some other isekai dude beforehand. A lot of them are. This could either be a very important clue, or nothing at all. That's a bit of a problem, I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread