Tenkuu no Shiro o Moratta no de Isekai de Tanoshiku Asobitai - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

@Merilirem Seems like an acquired taste thing. I had never eaten plain rice until I was into my 20s the idea of eating plain bread seems 10 times more appealing than plain rice to me and that is probably why. Honestly rice itself is pretty uncommon to eat at all where I'm from I probably average a rice dish maybe once a month, if that, way less if you don't count spanish style rice. I like this manga's take on the dish tbh because it is so different and definitely wouldn't cause locals to 'fall in love' with it like many other manga portray.

Dex-chan lover
@Durantye Yeah i have no problem with the manga depiction. Its not like i eat rice all that much either. I usually go through bursts where i cook a pot and eat rice for a few days. I would say i average about as much rice as you do and i also didn't eat rice by itself until i was roughly 20. Usually it came with takeout side dishes or was a risotto. Eating plain rice came from cooking fresh rice and eating some before i mixed it with other things or my other things were ready.

My comment was replying to the idea that plain rice isn't good. Plain rice is nice. Its not like i grew up on rice or anything. I grew up on a mix of everything.

Aggregator gang
29d1ec97505bcfdbef90d4e84ee299aa5a5ccae479788ac9a38d0cc42c33c54d.jpg

@Merilirem I don't say it's not edible nor bad (or did I?), and well, each is own taste. I don't dislike rice alone, but I find it lacking, but maybe because I refer to white western/non-asian rice (the one with no "stickiness").

Also I do prefer bread over rice, but maybe it has something to do with me being French! (or maybe not 😁)
There's tone of different bread that you can enjoy and even with "nothing" in it or not much, it can taste great (or at least differently).
As for rice I do eat it from time to time (and I may eat different type or rice) but I do prefer adding some sauce or other elements (like meat or fish for example).

But again it depends of your taste.

Dex-chan lover
White rice is bad for you. These beast folk instinctively know this 😇
Now don't get me wrong, if you like it (and I do love well-made white rice) it's great, but I also have to call a spade a spade.

Dex-chan lover
yesssssss.... yessssssssss.... just nod at the strange boy with the silly smile and say yesssssssss..........

Dex-chan lover
Forget about King Smiley, check out mama cat at the bottom of page 15. Om nom mrmph~

Fed-Kun's army
I got to say their a bit ungrateful, I don’t get how thoose slave mark works considering they can just leave, wouldn’t that be “against the will of their owner” ...hhhhaaaaah
I just mainly zoned out in this so I think I am going to drop it, i kinda like the mc and robots, the castle too but....everyone else is kinda bland?
Oh this food tastes delishous so we now help you to get on your good side? Idk it’s like theirs a rich guy giving out money and them saying their nice but if he had nothing to gift.......ughhh I want to continue but I don’t think I can manage it,,,,,

Users who are viewing this thread