Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku ~Jichou wo Shiranai Kamigami no Shito~ - Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
erwysc72iuv71.jpg
I see that picture, and I find isekai MC to be much more interesting as a character. That cultivator is just too much of a mary sue, in addition to being totally unrelatable.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with generalizing it like that is the US population itself is very divided.
understandable
You have the liberal cities where theft, vandalism, and gang violence run rampant. The liberals are the ones most likely to be anti-corporal punishment and easy on crime, but they're also the ones more likely to be foreign culture aware.
wait what? how can they be anti-corporal punishment and also be more foreign culture aware? what? wouldn't it make more sense for them to be pro-corporal punishment? :kek:
Conservatives, more likely to be found in rural areas, are generally in favor of the corporal and heavy discipline approach. They are also the least likely to be foreign culture aware. Rural and small suburban schools are where the majority of school shootings occur, so it's incorrect to correlate liberal gentle parenting to school shootings. Everything else is fair game.
alright that one makes sense
As for shame of the past and nationalism, once again it's two different populations at play here. You have the liberals that want to correct for America's dark past by dragging it into the light and making amends for it, mostly by reparations of some kind. Then you have conservatives like MAGA that are proudly American first, America is always right, and want nothing from outside diluting the American identity, whatever that identity means at this point. Really though, you can trace much of America's history and current motivations to just greed. The war for independence was started out of greed rather than any righteous conviction, the Manifest Destiny and western expansion was motivated by greed, and so on.
I'm honestly really glad you bothered to reply to this, this has been very educational
As for Hong Kong, yeah, they didn't have much of a choice. The UK abandoned them and no one else could intervene. If they didn't roll over, it would have been a repeat of Tienanmen Square all over again.
yep
However, if you ask mainland Chinese people, most will say that the government's actions were in the right, which demonstrates the authoritarian grip the government has on them.
well there's that and it benefits them the most

Dex-chan lover
I don't think the child abuse warning was necessary, but I didn't care much about it, either. The translator didn't have to remove it if they wanted to add it in the first place. All this drama just for something so trivial?

Couple of things:
  • There was no discipline in this chapter. If your child does something wrong, you explain to them why it's bad, and warn them to not do it again. If they repeat, give another stern warning, and some sort of punishment. The third strike is when a slap is coming. So, in this chapter, the kid got beaten, not because what he did was wrong, but because his action put his father's career in jeopardy. He never explained to his son why bullying other people, abusing their power and status, is wrong. He didn't care about that. He was perfectly okay with it, as we can tell from the dialogues, that this is the norm for them. Therefore, him slapping the son was not an act of discipline, but an act of taking out his anger. The kid is a scumbag, and so is the father. They both should have gotten capital punishment for corruption. If the father was the one who pissed off Cain, who gets to smack him in the head? Can the kid do it? Corgino has yet to face any consequences for his actions. Can't talk big about disciplining children if the adults are such garbage human beings.
fair, tho if you look at it closely, the child fucked up big time, they're still about to lose everything and the dad is still doing his best to fuck up more lives of people and get away with it despite the fact, there was discipline in this chapter as this wasn't something they could just take back, regardless of Cain's forgiving, they're still fucked and will still lose it all because of the actions of the child and from what we know of this is the first time this has happened and it can be seen as the last resort as the child always assumed the dad would defend him anyway, this wasn't defensible
  • Using corporal punishment without consideration or restraint will destroy your child's confidence, and even traumatize them. I am okay with it being used as a last resort, because clearly there are brats who deserved to be smacked at least once. Unfortunately, many parents and siblings are idiots and see it as a way to consolidate and display their power in the family. Their children grow up, think domestic violence is normal, repeats the cycle.
these are 2 different scenarios, I have been used corporal punishment on for being a cheeky brat, turned out just fine and yes what makes you think that parents don't warn their kids before its used on them? there's a saying here in asia, if your mom or dad looks at you badly, you should already know what not to do and they do tell this before hand, the problem is whenever the topic is brought up, westerners in particular think that Asians and Latinos are savages(this is really what i got from this whole comments section the past day or 2) that just do it willynilly, which is stupid, almost all of Asia and Latin America was raised this way and yet we still have lower crime rates than most western countries and lower juvie cases especially when abroad. See here just because some of you westerners generally don't use it doesn't mean it's automatically something bad, don't be racist assuming your method alone or one method alone is good is dumb, there are some cases where its unnecessary others where it is, overall as a parent your job is to raise your kid to be upstart members of society and for them not to publicize their "pranks" or end up as criminals.
  • Only kids get "disciplined" and corporal punishments. Adults get away with doing unethical things.
again 2 different scenarios, there is one to avoid the child from ending up as the dregs of society and a burden to it and the other where an adult has every other adult to punish them and the law. Adults, are adults, there are so many things in this world to humble them and discipline a child, the rules are different for both parties
  • Want kids to respect you? Be good role models for them to learn from.
Good parents are like that and there are good parents that use corporal punishment PROPERLY and it doesn't end up that way and yes, you are right, people should be good role models for their kids, if you raised or taught any child at all you will know this is not enough, tho i personally am against using this at schools, in schools other forms of punishment are given, like here you're tasked to clean the classroom after class when you do something bad.
  • No, Asians aren't more respectful because they got beaten too often when they were kids.
are you operation on stereotypes we say on social media? :dogewow:
this is the perception of some people who thinks a parent spanking you is beating you up. Good parents don't beat up their children when disciplining them, there's a difference between discipline and abuse
Bad parents beat up their kids.
Most people don't get injuries or wounds when disciplined, those that do usually have their parents apologize to them, again, proper human being behavior. If a parent tries to justify giving them injuries and not apologizing, they're pieces of shit are they automatically abusive? no because there are people who are genuinely abusive

• They either pretend to respect you, then talk mad trash about you when you are out of sight. Or they are brainwashed to think that older people are always right, no matter what, as if they are some kind of dictator. Of course, when they get older, they'd be doing the same thing. "I'm old, everything I say and do is right". It's anti-critical thinking, that's it.
what the hell kind of racist white nationalist assholish shit is this?
I'M ASIAN, I and many of my peers still think critically you dumb fuck, we still question our Government, society, capitalism etc. and we're not pro-dictator you doofus,
what countries do you think encompass asia? Korea, Japan, China? :kek: even in those countries if you actually looked, people still questioned their governments, maybe you can tell me why numerous Chinese nationals flee from China, my own great grandfather is an example, dude fled China because he didn't agree with the government and to do that you literally have to risk bankruptcy andl leave everything behind. Do you even know history or what the hell has been going on recently? you think people just kneel and bend over? :meguusmug: don't be dumb, human beings aren't like that

If it's as you say, anti-critical thinking, wars wouldn't exist, people wouldn't be revolting and revolutions wouldn't happen in asian countries or even in latin american countries, this line of thinking is very stupid.
Not everyone was raised by dumb parents and abusive parents, a large chunk of children were raised by proper parents who know how to properly discipline their kids and aren't one trick ponies, just because people are using corporal punishment doesn't mean that's all they use. Stop thinking like we're victims that need to be saved or as if we need your sympathy, we don't. White Knighting is VERY racist
tl;dr: if the dude really wanted to discipline his son, he would have done so a long time ago, not wait until his son picks on the wrong person, then slap him out of anger because his career is done for.
oh you're definitely right but he still did it and it didn't work because the child ALWAYS got away with it

Last edited:
Cain to the Marquis every 5-7 chapters. Maybe this time he finally starts snapping a little bit, gives the literal human traffickers some wrath instead of telling them to be nicer.
700a6e255a60c0eaaa18b4969529bb16.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I never claimed abuse only comes in one form. Just figured people in this thread wouldn't be able to keep up with mental abuse as a concept.
The important part here is that everything in excess can be abuse and violence. A single slap on the cheeks in such a situation is not violence. IF the father would have senselessly beaten up his son, then it would have been abuse. Saying that such a slap is violence would mean that ALL forms of punishments must be judged by the same standards, which would turn ANY AND ALL forms of punishment into abuse.
You cant apply just different measurements to something that is in such a case basically the same.

You may personally see this different but that is then an subjective reasoning, which you basically deny others from having. That is something that needs to be reflected upon too. Either put it objectively or dont try to argue that your subjective opinion is right. That is a problematic thinking in itself.
I still think the triggerwarning was a bit excessive, especially with the rest that happened in the story. Maybe you can put such a general disclaimer in a sumary or tags or such if its really needed, otherwise just for a case like this time, its too much.

Dex-chan lover
wait what? how can they be anti-corporal punishment and also be more foreign culture aware? what? wouldn't it make more sense for them to be pro-corporal punishment? :kek:
Here's the fun part. Just because they're generally more aware does not mean they are above thinking themselves as morally and culturally superior nor does it mean they want to understand. They will look down on other cultures for being 'backwards' the same way they look down at conservatives in the US. Admittedly, it is a lot more complicated than that but as an approximation it is accurate enough.

Dex-chan lover
Here's the fun part. Just because they're generally more aware does not mean they are above thinking themselves as morally and culturally superior nor does it mean they want to understand. They will look down on other cultures for being 'backwards' the same way they look down at conservatives in the US. Admittedly, it is a lot more complicated than that but as an approximation it is accurate enough.
that's disgusting and yeah i can see that, the US is too big for its own good. I've seen some of the most racist shit here as if we asians need their pity lol, its always amusing too to see people say "oh the children are abused"
yes there are cases of those and its not limited to those that dish out corporal punishment, we aren't
"beaten up" like what that one idiot said, just because we're spanked or all of a sudden people who have that in their culture are "abusing their kids" same people say they aren't racist, yet say the most racist things, it's racist to assume that a whole group of people are abusing their kids because they don't agree with the way the children are being disciplined and despite the numerous times people are saying that spanking is dished out appropriately, they just assume the worst, MOST LIKELY because of memes from spaces like what Asians and other cultures show about corporal punishment, its mostly an inside joke that other groups that don't practice the thing can't really relate to so they take it very literally.
I feel bad for the conservatives there and other groups that just get labelled inferior for practices the other groups don't understand, then they try to say "oh we're only thinking what's good for you or what's good for your kids" when no one asked them:kek:. baffling, this one other idiot thinks that because asians were raised that way all of a sudden we think we can do whatever the hell we want... which i'll point out, singapore literally exists, majority of asian countries to my knowledge are peaceful and have low crime rates, like for example in the country i'm in, we have similar 2a protections and rights too to the states but gun ownership culture isn't and will probably never be strong here in my life time compared to say the states and yet gun violence from legit gun owners are very rare at all if any

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
that's disgusting and yeah i can see that, the US is too big for its own good. I've seen some of the most racist shit here as if we asians need their pity lol, its always amusing too to see people say "oh the children are abused"
yes there are cases of those and its not limited to those that dish out corporal punishment, we aren't
"beaten up" like what that one idiot said, just because we're spanked or all of a sudden people who have that in their culture are "abusing their kids" same people say they aren't racist, yet say the most racist things, it's racist to assume that a whole group of people are abusing their kids because they don't agree with the way the children are being disciplined and despite the numerous times people are saying that spanking is dished out appropriately, they just assume the worst, MOST LIKELY because of memes from spaces like what Asians and other cultures show about corporal punishment, its mostly an inside joke that other groups that don't practice the thing can't really relate to so they take it very literally.
I feel bad for the conservatives there and other groups that just get labelled inferior for practices the other groups don't understand, then they try to say "oh we're only thinking what's good for you or what's good for your kids" when no one asked them:kek:. baffling, this one other idiot thinks that because asians were raised that way all of a sudden we think we can do whatever the hell we want... which i'll point out, singapore literally exists, majority of asian countries to my knowledge are peaceful and have low crime rates, like for example in the country i'm in, we have similar 2a protections and rights too to the states but gun ownership culture isn't and will probably never be strong here in my life time compared to say the states and yet gun violence from legit gun owners are very rare at all if any
I pointed out that non-corporal punishments can be abusive too to that person that was very anti-corporal punishment and they basically brushed it off as it can't be abused like corporal punishment can so therefore it's better. It was at that point I decided they were unwilling to engage in anything other than expressing their view.

I mentioned it before, but I'll mention it again. Look up Ruby Franke. The ultimate example of primarily non-corporal punishment being abusive. Starvation, forced labor in harsh conditions, etc. Yes, there were some beatings in there as well but that's beside the point. There is no "natural limit" that prevents non-corporal punishment from being abusive.

:D
The warning was my doing. It was specifically because I didn't like it, so I thought some others would also think "yeah that's a little fucked up" - guess not. That's fair. The warning's been removed.

This is still the worst chapter in the series though. I am now firmly in the "Cain, you might as well just stab them" camp.
do you think it's the worst chapter because of that?i don't see that kind of thing as being a postive or negative,it's all about implementation,it can be a positive (in a storytelling manner) if it's implemented in a good way with good context or else a series like berserk would be trash which doesn't make sense (not comparing the 2 series)
i mean,we already have seen abductions,multiple assassinations attempts,last chapter they literally tried to cut off cain's arms. even here it was only like 2 slaps which for the series time period (even if it's fantasy world) and a character like his father feels rather light for what he did given the context of other mangas like (one piece spoiler) what happened with sanji with his father judge for exemple.
like even in the real world now,in many places,kids get spanked for lighter things,now imagine causing your father career go down in drain,which is why i said this feels light in comparaison. (not taking sides,just wanted to point it out)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I pointed out that non-corporal punishments can be abusive too to that person that was very anti-corporal punishment and they basically brushed it off as it can't be abused like corporal punishment can so therefore it's better. It was at that point I decided they were unwilling to engage in anything other than expressing their view.

I mentioned it before, but I'll mention it again. Look up Ruby Franke. The ultimate example of primarily non-corporal punishment being abusive. Starvation, forced labor in harsh conditions, etc. Yes, there were some beatings in there as well but that's beside the point. There is no "natural limit" that prevents non-corporal punishment from being abusive.
thank you for this!

Dex-chan lover
Also, I'll throw the accusation right back at you. Just what are you trying to prove here? That that person's English skills are too poor to have a proper discussion with? That they're incapable of comprehending the subtleties of the English language? That your inability to convince them of why you're right is only due to a language barrier? All of that only serves to belittle their intelligence and efforts learning the English language, especially when they have been clearly articulate in expressing their views.
Right now I'm trying to prove you are an idiot. see when I posted "there is no point arguing because of their English." YOU responded "That's not true" and you tried to continue. The other parties mentioned dropped it. Some others picked it back up. But you were the only idiot to outright refute the FACT that the language barrier was causing misunderstanding. So I'm here showing how stupid you are.

This has nothing to do with belittling the guy. It's just that their grasp of English is not good enough to understand the nuance that is necessary to convey our points on this topic. It's like trying to ask a program to draw a picture, when it doesn't have the function to do so. No matter what you say and do it won't make the picture. Dude could be smarter than all of us, but if we say a sentence that he doesn't comprehend, no amount of intelligence on our part or his is gonna make him suddenly understand that. The only thing is a constant back and forward of correcting misunderstandings by rewording them, while trying to not make more misunderstandings. That's a waste of time for an internet argument, for all parties involved.

But yet you can't even rationalize that.

Also in case you don't get it. The nuance is not in what the duce believes. It's in what we're explaining to him genius. I said HE was misunderstanding the nuance, not us. That means he has to be reading it. You should use those big brain skills to understand nuance.

Group Leader
blah blah blah
In my whole life, I have heard of more than enough old Asians saying old people know everything and can't be wrong, so young people should shut up and obey. Even middle age Asians still have believe it. That mindset is still much more prevalent there and worse than western society objectively. Wars exist if you are anti-critical thinking. Critical thinking doesn't exist if you get shut down when you oppose your parents, who claim to know everything, and won't hesitate to use corporal punishment to shut you up. Sounds very similar to a government throwing you in jail if you question or criticize them, and they don't like it, doesn't it? If you have to beat up your kids too often, maybe the problem lies elsewhere. Words and explanation come first, before whatever disciplinary act you are so damn proud of. Lower crime rates? Doubtful. Perhaps in developed countries. Corruption and oppression? Off the chart. You turn out fine, at least you think you do, doesn't mean other kids do. Some aren't so lucky and got abused with overuse of corporal punishment, and they are turning out broken adults, still trying to escape their parents' stranglehold. Bad parents will rely on hitting their children as a way to "discipline" them, instead of using words first. Now, the mere fact that you think violence being used on the kid in this particular scenario is evidence that you are not fine at all. This chapter is an example of adults who do shitty things have no rights to brag about disciplining children. Which, again, like I said, is not disciplining. He's just taking his rage out on his son. His son "learns" that picking on Cain is bad, not picking on other people and abusing authority is bad. Look where that kind of "discipline" gets you.

Asian parents apologizing to their children? Surely you jest. Spare me your proud Asian pride bullshit. You pathetically naive ignorant fool. - From another Asian. I facepalmed at every single post you made. You're a waste of time. Learn to be a better parent before you have kids.

Last edited:
Group Leader
JP is another conservative fake intellectual, just like Shapiro and the other propagandists of the American Republican party. A smart man for ignorant and dumb people, as some would say. Anti-LGBT, climate change denial, champion of incels, thinks women wearing lipstick is problematic at work, thinks using someone's preferred gender pronouns is the end of the world, and you can bet he will go nuts if you misgender him, and a whole bunch of other nonsense.

Look for better role models. Especially young men.

Dex-chan lover
In my whole life, I have heard of more than enough old Asians saying old people know everything and can't be wrong, so young people should shut up and obey. Even middle age Asians still have believe it.
pretty sure this is in the typical asian countries ie. korea,jp, china, other asian countries aren't like this.
That mindset is still much more prevalent there and worse than western society objectively.
as someone who still lives here in asia(and i know you don't since in the thread after this you mention uh Shapiro who i'm pretty sure is an American and the only people that give a fuck about him are generally Americans) the mindset that "parents are right, young people should shut up" is more prominent in areas like korea, jp and china not so much for other asian countries esp those with a stronger western influence, ie SEA, different cultures in asia also approach adults differently.
Wars exist if you are anti-critical thinking. Critical thinking doesn't exist if you get shut down when you oppose your parents, who claim to know everything, and won't hesitate to use corporal punishment to shut you up.
Wars exist because people are greedy, this isn't about critical thinking, people just want to take for themselves, I've answered back to my parents before, idk what the problem is with that, you will always have disagreements with your parents and there will always be things they don't agree on, some may resort to corporal punishment sure but not everyone is like that, its very malicious of you to apply that to everyone. People critically think how to screw over their fellows so that their country or area will be more prosperous, this was ALWAYS the history of wars not parenting, no amount of good parenting in the world would prevent people from seeking more
Sounds very similar to a government throwing you in jail if you question or criticize them, and they don't like it, doesn't it?
the only countries that do that are those with dictators for leaders, the world is objectively pro free speech and countries don't do that to their citizens lest for one the west criticize them and stop aid and business dealings, its been done before. idk how much of history you've read but you should probably read up on the history of asian countries outside the ones your parents came from
If you have to beat up your kids too often, maybe the problem lies elsewhere.
except beating up kids isn't done only by asian parents, sure if your parents were abusive
Words and explanation come first, before whatever disciplinary act you are so damn proud of. Lower crime rates? Doubtful.
100% agree that words should come first and warnings, if you compare it to the west and i'm talking about juvinile crime here in the context of crimes done in places like school and not by impovrished individuals(economic crimes done by whoever is a different category), we do have lower crime rates, this is objectively true
You turn out fine, at least you think you do, doesn't mean other kids do. Some aren't so lucky and got terrible overuse of corporal punishment, and they are turning out broken adults, still trying to escape their parents' stranglehold.
that isn't the majority tho, if that were the case, majority of asians would be broken and not happy which just isn't the case and majority wouldn't have fond memories of their childhood, you are generalizing based on your own experiences.i feel for those who have experienced abuse but that doesn't encompass everyone, just because other people(a vast minority at that) experienced abuse via corporal punishment due to whatever excuse they wanna give regarding the culture(which is stupid btw and not even right since the culture of corporal punishment was always only to discipline not to control) doesn't mean everyone has experienced negative things in the system
Again, the mere fact that you think violence being used on the kid in this particular scenario is evidence that you are not fine at all.
the parent wasn't being violent to his kid tho, you saw the kid literally just fine after he was slapped
This chapter is an example of adults who do shitty things have no rights to brag about disciplining children. Which, again, like I said, is not disciplining. He's just taking his rage out on his son.
i do agree he is taking out his anger out on his son, i don't really think its rage, you have to look at the context, the villanous father however corrupt he may be can't afford to leave a scar on his son, so he settled with a slap, remember these are people who do bad things and remain a facade in high society, stop forgetting the setting and stop twisting it to suit your own beliefs, the villainous dad still WANTS to go back to high society one way or the other and will probably marry off his kid to other prominent noble familes, so injuries won't be seen, its obvious he held back and no this ISN'T abuse no matter how you look at it.
Asian parents apologizing to their children? Surely you jest.
this is more of a you thing i take it, my parents apologized to me when they did something offhand and i've seen that happen to other kids too. do parents sometimes not appologize to their kids especially asian parents? yes, this isn't something prominent to one part of the world too or the other, good parents know when they did wrong and what they did wrong and sometimes it may take them longer to do it but some eventually do appologize to their kids if not immediately
Spare me your proud Asian pride bullshit. You pathetically naive ignorant brat. - From another Asian.
ah yes i'm ignorant because i think other people aren't abused even though i wholely acknowledge that there are parents who do abuse their kids regardless of the race. :dogewow: this isn't asian pride tho, I just know that there are misconceptions to certain things which you clearly don't know and I do think this is more of an issue how you were probably raised and your personal experiences which I can't take away nor deny from you as its become clear to me that you were on the camp of those who was probably at one point abused by their parents and that's not a jab at you or anything, you've made it plainly obvious with this reply that's what you've experienced

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Right now I'm trying to prove you are an idiot. see when I posted "there is no point arguing because of their English." YOU responded "That's not true" and you tried to continue. The other parties mentioned dropped it. Some others picked it back up. But you were the only idiot to outright refute the FACT that the language barrier was causing misunderstanding. So I'm here showing how stupid you are.

This has nothing to do with belittling the guy. It's just that their grasp of English is not good enough to understand the nuance that is necessary to convey our points on this topic. It's like trying to ask a program to draw a picture, when it doesn't have the function to do so. No matter what you say and do it won't make the picture. Dude could be smarter than all of us, but if we say a sentence that he doesn't comprehend, no amount of intelligence on our part or his is gonna make him suddenly understand that. The only thing is a constant back and forward of correcting misunderstandings by rewording them, while trying to not make more misunderstandings. That's a waste of time for an internet argument, for all parties involved.

But yet you can't even rationalize that.

Also in case you don't get it. The nuance is not in what the duce believes. It's in what we're explaining to him genius. I said HE was misunderstanding the nuance, not us. That means he has to be reading it. You should use those big brain skills to understand nuance.
You are absolutely belittling and insulting their intelligence, whether you realize it or not. The language barrier is not the issue, the issue is your complete inability to grasp what the other side is thinking and how to address/counter their arguments and points. I laid it out for you in simple form and you reacted by calling it intellectually dishonest, demonstrating that you lack the ability to see outside your narrow mindset. Language barriers are not the cause of most disagreements, different ideologies are, whether it's on a personal or worldwide level.

For the record, I have nothing against corporal punishment within reason, as I established from the beginning. However, I will take the anti-corporal stance to address how a hypothetical argument could have went and what it is you need to think about when you choose to engage someone in a conversation or debate.

The core position of the argument is that non-corporal punishments are just as effective, if not more effective, than corporal ones, while carrying none of the possible mental damage risks of corporal punishments. This is the core argument you have to counter, everything else is secondary.

In your counter-arguments, you claim that there is no risk as long as limits are adhered to. The primary counter to that is why introduce the risk at all when alternative methods don't have the risk? Secondary counters could include: every child's limit is different and parents themselves might not be an accurate judge of where the limit is.

I didn't have evidence backing corporal punishments as more effective than non-corporal ones so I didn't bother pushing that point. That is why rather than claiming corporal punishment is safe within limits, I tried to demonstrate that non-corporal can be abused just as easily as corporal punishments. To which it was brushed of as things like the kid's stamina is the built in safety limiter- it can't be exceeded, and basically ignored the story of Ruby Franke. This is where I decided they weren't interested in listening to the reason of opposing viewpoints. Without objective and irrefutable proof, they would not change their mind.

Maybe, hopefully, you learn to open your mind a bit from this. If not, you can continue to wonder why you can't convince people to see your side of things if they weren't already on the same side.
In my whole life, I have heard of more than enough old Asians saying old people know everything and can't be wrong, so young people should shut up and obey. Even middle age Asians still have believe it. That mindset is still much more prevalent there and worse than western society objectively. Wars exist if you are anti-critical thinking. Critical thinking doesn't exist if you get shut down when you oppose your parents, who claim to know everything, and won't hesitate to use corporal punishment to shut you up. Sounds very similar to a government throwing you in jail if you question or criticize them, and they don't like it, doesn't it? If you have to beat up your kids too often, maybe the problem lies elsewhere. Words and explanation come first, before whatever disciplinary act you are so damn proud of. Lower crime rates? Doubtful. You turn out fine, at least you think you do, doesn't mean other kids do. Some aren't so lucky and got terrible overuse of corporal punishment, and they are turning out broken adults, still trying to escape their parents' stranglehold. Again, the mere fact that you think violence being used on the kid in this particular scenario is evidence that you are not fine at all. This chapter is an example of adults who do shitty things have no rights to brag about disciplining children. Which, again, like I said, is not disciplining. He's just taking his rage out on his son.

Asian parents apologizing to their children? Surely you jest. Spare me your proud Asian pride bullshit. You pathetically naive ignorant brat. - From another Asian.
Totally agree with that Asian mindset being terrible. My mom got really pissed off when I said I didn't want anything to do with some of my uncles. Blood related and older, I should show them proper etiquette and respect. Hell no, they lost my respect, they are going to have to work to earn it back if they want me in their lives.

That said, my parents were on the better end of that spectrum. We were sometimes given the choice between a spanking or standing in the corner for a timeout. Sometimes we chose a spanking just to get it over with quickly, but that was our choice. More often we didn't get to choose but it always changed, never exclusively a single type of punishment.

You can't deny that many non-violent crime rates are at an all time high in the US though, especially in large cities. The raw numbers don't tell the whole story because many retail thefts go unreported, either out of fear of raising their insurance rates or out of the belief the police can't/won't do anything.

A spank might be disciplinary, but a slap to the face is definitely crossing the line to abusive behavior because it carries a much stronger mental impact. My primary issue is that the warning was excessive for the amount that was actually shown. Then again, maybe I'm just desensitized because I read a lot of mangas with red tags and generally don't get upset about fictional events.

Also, agreed about JP. Unfortunately my mom thinks he's a martyr, standing up for free speech and all that crap. It was not about free speech, he just didn't want to lose his license because he was using it to speak from a position of authority.

Dex-chan lover
@Gudachiz

giphy.gif

I stopped reading after that. Grow up, and stop being ignorant. To the shitlist, off you go.
whatever you say :kek: no one's forcing you to read.
Stop generalizing, not everyone is broken, the world isn't as bad as you think it is
you can believe what you want. you can't really talk, you don't even live here in asia anymore
tf would you know about how your fellows from other asian countries feel and experience.
harrowing experiences by others shared on the internet don't encompass the vast majority

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Totally agree with that Asian mindset being terrible.
i do think this isn't present as much as people think it is or as prevailent then again I'm from SEA, the cultures may be similar but there will be vast differences from one another.
My mom got really pissed off when I said I didn't want anything to do with some of my uncles. Blood related and older, I should show them proper etiquette and respect. Hell no, they lost my respect, they are going to have to work to earn it back if they want me in their lives.
this one i've seen, tho they don't force this, my family has this weird untold culture of showing up the other relatives for whatever reason by bragging about how much better their kids are so they have us get good grades and all that, which i did and misserably failed at it after some time cause i didn't like the pressure given by older relatives. :kek:

if there's one thing i do hate about said culture is that "for the sake of peace in the extended family, we shut up" tho that always breaks when shit hits the fan
That said, my parents were on the better end of that spectrum. We were sometimes given the choice between a spanking or standing in the corner for a timeout. Sometimes we chose a spanking just to get it over with quickly, but that was our choice. More often we didn't get to choose but it always changed, never exclusively a single type of punishment.
same, on my end my parents would either spank me in the butt whenver i disobeyed or fucked up bad, or they'd reduce play time for stuff like the pc since that was all we could afford back then.
You can't deny that many non-violent crime rates are at an all time high in the US though, especially in large cities. The raw numbers don't tell the whole story because many retail thefts go unreported, either out of fear of raising their insurance rates or out of the belief the police can't/won't do anything.
this
A spank might be disciplinary, but a slap to the face is definitely crossing the line to abusive behavior because it carries a much stronger mental impact.
in the context of the story we're talking about a villainous dad who held back, he has every intention of bringing them back to the limelight of nobility hence no scars or wounds or anything to the kid(other stories have depicted worse on those that have truly lost everything), the slap was indeed to vent out anger(i mean they did just lose their position and didn't get away with a threat)
My primary issue is that the warning was excessive for the amount that was actually shown. Then again, maybe I'm just desensitized because I read a lot of mangas with red tags and generally don't get upset about fictional events.
100% agreed

Dex-chan lover
In my whole life, I have heard of more than enough old Asians saying old people know everything and can't be wrong, so young people should shut up and obey. Even middle age Asians still have believe it. That mindset is still much more prevalent there and worse than western society objectively. Wars exist if you are anti-critical thinking. Critical thinking doesn't exist if you get shut down when you oppose your parents, who claim to know everything, and won't hesitate to use corporal punishment to shut you up. Sounds very similar to a government throwing you in jail if you question or criticize them, and they don't like it, doesn't it? If you have to beat up your kids too often, maybe the problem lies elsewhere. Words and explanation come first, before whatever disciplinary act you are so damn proud of. Lower crime rates? Doubtful. Perhaps in developed countries. Corruption and oppression? Off the chart. You turn out fine, at least you think you do, doesn't mean other kids do. Some aren't so lucky and got abused with overuse of corporal punishment, and they are turning out broken adults, still trying to escape their parents' stranglehold. Bad parents will rely on hitting their children as a way to "discipline" them, instead of using words first. Now, the mere fact that you think violence being used on the kid in this particular scenario is evidence that you are not fine at all. This chapter is an example of adults who do shitty things have no rights to brag about disciplining children. Which, again, like I said, is not disciplining. He's just taking his rage out on his son. His son "learns" that picking on Cain is bad, not picking on other people and abusing authority is bad. Look where that kind of "discipline" gets you.

Asian parents apologizing to their children? Surely you jest. Spare me your proud Asian pride bullshit. You pathetically naive ignorant fool. - From another Asian. I facepalmed at every single post you made. You're a waste of time. Learn to be a better parent before you have kids.

I'll reply to this again since i did come out as a jerk to someone who i realize was most likely abused growing up,
i feel for you and you have every right to feel that way but that's not how it is for everyone(also asia right now isn't really as bad as they make it out to be in western news, i have a friend who works in Taiwan, they're perfectly fine there, when you look at international news you'd think cn has already taken the country wouldn't be surprised if people kept saying bad shit about other asian countries too on the news)

do parents sometimes cross a line when giving corporal punishment? yes some do not all do
mine did, mine apologized, others don't
and others are abusive just flat out
now that may not be the case for you and i won't tell you to give your folks another chance as i don't know what you experienced, but not everything is the same for everyone, a vast majority still have good experiences with their parents and relatives despite the corporal punishment.
and i know your ignorance comes from your own bias and views because of your experience and that's perfectly fine.
I'm just telling you this on the side of those of us who actually had a decent-ish childhood growing up(most of my troubles were financially related anyway)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread