Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku ~Jichou wo Shiranai Kamigami no Shito~ - Ch. 62

Dex-chan lover
It looks like the ground was paved with those relatively large rocks and then the building was plopped on top of them. But more importantly, I wonder what shady business the couple on the right are up to.

I don't think a student visit would significantly impact the verdict of a trial.

Of course he's a future brother in law. With the way this guy collects wives, any guy with an unmarried sister of relatively appropriate age is bound to become one.

That's a rare configuration of horns. Anyway, she seems like one of those unmarried girls I mentioned above.

A mysterious guy appears. Whoever could it be? I have no idea.

Oh, it was him. Wow, such a twist.

So far, I like her. She seems chill. Appropriately appreciative.

Fed-Kun's army
I should grab the novel's myself later if available. A bit annoyed that the official localizers only picked up the manga and i really don't want to spend 13-14$ for 2 hours of reading when a LN can last me 4-6.

Dex-chan lover
I was half expecting Cain to be called to fight in the arena then and there as a "scheme to end him" by the dumb nobles.

Dex-chan lover
Aaaaaand there is Lisabeth. Novel reader here. Spoilers below.

Yes, she’s gonna be one of Cain’s future wives.

Her position at this point in the story is the Imperial Princess of the Demon Empire, she is ranked higher than the Demon Kings/Lords. Her brother is the acting Demon Emperor at the moment. But her getting engaged to Cain doesn’t happen until after Cain helps with stopping a war between demon kind and the various countries cause of the nation that enslaved her and used her as entertainment. In that arc, Cain is proven to be even more powerful than Demon Kings/Lords, since he’s able to pretty much one shot them. Now if the manga doesn’t change what happens, Cain easily kills two of them each with a single sword strike, the third imprisoned for treason after being used by the Evil God. At the end of that arc Seth is the only one Demon King/Lord remaining until they fill in the vacancies. Cain’s engagement to Lisabeth is part of a treaty/alliance agreement and also cause Lizabeth fell in love with Cain, part of it due to how powerful Cain is.

Side note:
Demon Emperor - leads the whole empire
Demon Lord/King (Manga fanTL it is Demon Lord. Novel fanTL it is Demon King) - rules one of four territories/countires inside the empire. There are 4 Demon Lords/Kings. These guys are chosen based on their combat strength, where through physical power or magic power.
You dropped this 👑

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
if four horns mean demon king
does 5 horns mean demon emperor?

or she somekind of apostle of demon god?

Dex-chan lover
I was half expecting Cain to be called to fight in the arena then and there as a "scheme to end him" by the dumb nobles.
You can't call a random person to fight in the arena, unless you are challenging him to a duel. And a random adventurer can't challenge a high-ranking noble like that, it has to be a noble of similar rank. And if a noble can make a champion fight instead of him, so can Cain.
Damn, that country is really keen on creating diplomatic incidents and bringing about national annihilation huh
I wonder if it's connected to the country being a republic.
Probably not - it doesn't seem that MC's country is on good terms with demons either. They just don't have gladiator arenas.
Somehow, that neighboring country sounds a lot like Ancient Rome. Republic, corrupt, gladiator matches...

Dex-chan lover
I think for the first time, I'm perturbed by the setting. Before, I was pretty chill with even some of the more outlandish stuff, enough details were consistent about the series background that it more than satisfied me. And the author and/or mangaka are also pretty detailed about certain things, like geography.

But this time, I have to question why the Demon race isn't already at war. If a Demon Lord who rules just one of the territories/countries in the demon realm can crush a human empire like this, and would be triggered to do so if they found out their people were being enslaved or executed....that doesn't make sense to me.

This is not just about why hasn't any war started yet. In order for the humans in some countries to discriminate against demons as a matter of policy or culture, there needs to be a history between human and demon realms. In order for there to be a history, there needs to be a longstanding status quo and interaction. For that status quo to exist, there needs to be an understanding of the capability of the demon realm, even if the demons were isolationist. Something doesn't add up regarding the history of human-demon interaction.

It's probably explained in the LN, but at this point of the LN I've not read further.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, that country is really keen on creating diplomatic incidents and bringing about national annihilation huh
Usually it's only a small faction of idiots that are trying to drag the rest of the country into a war, but it's a manga. So just about anything is possible.

Dex-chan lover
I think for the first time, I'm perturbed by the setting. Before, I was pretty chill with even some of the more outlandish stuff, enough details were consistent about the series background that it more than satisfied me. And the author and/or mangaka are also pretty detailed about certain things, like geography.

But this time, I have to question why the Demon race isn't already at war. If a Demon Lord who rules just one of the territories/countries in the demon realm can crush a human empire like this, and would be triggered to do so if they found out their people were being enslaved or executed....that doesn't make sense to me.

This is not just about why hasn't any war started yet. In order for the humans in some countries to discriminate against demons as a matter of policy or culture, there needs to be a history between human and demon realms. In order for there to be a history, there needs to be a longstanding status quo and interaction. For that status quo to exist, there needs to be an understanding of the capability of the demon realm, even if the demons were isolationist. Something doesn't add up regarding the history of human-demon interaction.

It's probably explained in the LN, but at this point of the LN I've not read further.
I think it could be a number of reasons. Namely that while the demons could crush this small nation easily, fighting the other human nations and their allies would be a much harder proposition.

I also find the demon girl's situation rather suspect. Just capturing her should have kicked off a rather strong response, so I can only assume it's an inside job that involves an extremist faction on the demons side. So it feels as if there is some larger conspiracy at play here that involves some third party trying to force conflict and chaos.

Users who are viewing this thread