Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku: Jichou o Shiranai Kamigami no Shito - Ch. 62

Dex-chan lover
So does anyone remember what rank Set was? Or like what his title is? I could go back and check but I'm too lazy.
Based on one of the comments mentioned, Seth is Demon Lord. Demon Emperor (whom Lisa is most likely related to) outranks him.

Dex-chan lover
More wives for the wife god.
789.jpg

Dex-chan lover
How is this guy still not used to large sums of money? He's engaged to multiple princesses, he governs a prosperous city, I'm pretty sure he met god. But he's getting all flustered over a like $30 million? Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of money, but it's far from the most outrageous thing to happen to him

Dex-chan lover
I think for the first time, I'm perturbed by the setting. Before, I was pretty chill with even some of the more outlandish stuff, enough details were consistent about the series background that it more than satisfied me. And the author and/or mangaka are also pretty detailed about certain things, like geography.

But this time, I have to question why the Demon race isn't already at war. If a Demon Lord who rules just one of the territories/countries in the demon realm can crush a human empire like this, and would be triggered to do so if they found out their people were being enslaved or executed....that doesn't make sense to me.

This is not just about why hasn't any war started yet. In order for the humans in some countries to discriminate against demons as a matter of policy or culture, there needs to be a history between human and demon realms. In order for there to be a history, there needs to be a longstanding status quo and interaction. For that status quo to exist, there needs to be an understanding of the capability of the demon realm, even if the demons were isolationist. Something doesn't add up regarding the history of human-demon interaction.

It's probably explained in the LN, but at this point of the LN I've not read further.
It's more of a republic and a few others thing, esfort for example while not exactly fond of demons, doesn't go out of their way to antagonize them like the republic does (i swear the author has to be a monarchist with how he portrays the republic's idiocy).
The rest i'll put below in spoilers.
I think it could be a number of reasons. Namely that while the demons could crush this small nation easily, fighting the other human nations and their allies would be a much harder proposition.

I also find the demon girl's situation rather suspect. Just capturing her should have kicked off a rather strong response, so I can only assume it's an inside job that involves an extremist faction on the demons side. So it feels as if there is some larger conspiracy at play here that involves some third party trying to force conflict and chaos.
The reason
They don't start a war with humanity is a bit complicated, but A the demons atm are somewhat divided and the biggest reason is B, location, the demons are located on a entirely different continent, think the new world pre columbus, so travel between the 2 is tough except for the most hardy of demons and impossible for most humans, that said the demons aren't exactly warmongers either so that plays a part.
As for why she's here if i remember right she's a runaway, mainly to prevent a even bigger issue in the demon realm, but that part i've kinda forgot.

Dex-chan lover
It's more of a republic and a few others thing, esfort for example while not exactly fond of demons, doesn't go out of their way to antagonize them like the republic does (i swear the author has to be a monarchist with how he portrays the republic's idiocy).
The rest i'll put below in spoilers.

The reason
They don't start a war with humanity is a bit complicated, but A the demons atm are somewhat divided and the biggest reason is B, location, the demons are located on a entirely different continent, think the new world pre columbus, so travel between the 2 is tough except for the most hardy of demons and impossible for most humans, that said the demons aren't exactly warmongers either so that plays a part.
As for why she's here if i remember right she's a runaway, mainly to prevent a even bigger issue in the demon realm, but that part i've kinda forgot.
she didn't want to be forced to marry an old bastard

Dex-chan lover
I do suspect that she was kidnapped and sold off by an enemy demon in her homecountry.

By saving her he literally not only saved her but also the country(even it might not deserve that by allowing gladiator figthts against shackled and weakened demons/other species.
it is not brave it is just plain out murder in plain sight.
I do hope that whoever did arrange that will be punished... and forced to clean the floors in the castle with his tongue and clothes.

Dex-chan lover
Well at least the elves guild masters are not dragonphiles
The man's catching wives like Pokémon.
Difference is it is the wives that catch him
Still no beastman wife? There's been at least 1 candidate for that position for quite a while
Judging from the pattern of a wife from different polity royal family (ruling elite) then the beast kingdom princess will be a candidate.

Users who are viewing this thread