Tensei Ouji wa Daraketai - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Huh, I expected the workshop to blow up, like Megumi or Zero's "EXPLOSION!"

Perhaps the author will burn the place down to compensate for the lack of immediate impact

Dex-chan lover
I knew it!! It's just cliche now that the MC can burn the heaven when he first tries Magic... The God rumors may circulate now!!

i like how people still forget that this mango is made by japanese people to japanese people and comment "muh superior japanese kanji"

Magic is often associated with runes and symbols that represent ideas and concepts, so I guess making a connection between Kanji and magic would make sense.
But if they're trying to flex their Japanese pride with the characters they borrowed from Chinese, then that's pretty awkward.

To be fair, the inherent meaning kanji characters hold DO convey more than just the sound of the word alone.
Although I'd love to see a japanese author have the guts to emphasize kanji's flaws instead of just their strengths in one of these series.

Contributor
@Andiza yeah, that's the point. Like @VincentYamato said, they're jerking themselves off to how great they are. I gotta say, I find strong nationalism really offputting, it's just going around bragging about how great and wonderful you are while pretending you don't have faults and getting mad when they're pointed out. I don't like it here in America, and it really reduces my enjoyment when I feel it coming through in manga.

@Ruruskadoo kanji (or any symbol writing) and magic runes have more similarities than normal alphabet, you angry about what they do just because "it's different in (insert a place) is kinda stupid thoo

Contributor
@Andiza, I've reread that comment several times and I'm still not entirely sure what you're trying to say. If you mean he's just using kanji because they're like magic runes, I don't think that's the case since this world doesn't seem to have them and he never mentioned anything that would suggest that in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax I think it will just melt down instantly, like acid.
But still, I would've liked the artist to make him say it in his mind also, not spell it out loud. Since its isekai and all.

Group Leader
About the last part, how kanji makes a better vocal incantation and mental image.

So what I got from this is the thoughts of a writing system matter because if you imagine the logographic symbols, kanji, that makes magic happen better because it just does. Thinking in Kanji = super magic. Thinking in hiragana = crappy magic. Thinking in sign language = god level magic.

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

I like the twist about Kanji since Kanji is iconographic, so the characters are often literally "drawings" of the ideas they're supposed to represent. However, since Kanji evolved from Chinese, which in turn evolved from actual cave drawings... does that mean cavemen are gonna be the ultimate God-tier magic users...

Dex-chan lover
Aria probably accidentally killed her husband, just saying...

Alice actually surviving that long is thanks to the rule they can't live together under a same household. Makes sense.

Again, what a pleasant surprise mc still counts his pre-isekai age AND current age in consideration of relationships, it's good coincidentally she is older than his new body. "Just" wait a bit and battle the social status now ; )

If less letters increase potential of effects, should just imagine an image of fire. Boom.

Next up, mc makes Infinity Gauntlet and accidentally snaps half of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread