Tensei Oujo wa Kyou mo Hata wo Tatakioru - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Double-page supporter
Yeah this shitty excuse of a human being (but an efficient king) look way too young considering the age of his oldest child...
He felt waaay older, gritty and jadded by his experiences as a king and the length of his reign in the novel.
I guess the mangaka wanted to satisfy all of the masochists that love rich abusive and toxic assholes with a pretty face ( @Asuka176 😜 )

He looks even younger than the knights...

On another note, haven’t read the novel at all but I hope for the cliche route where he becomes a doting father

Edit: lol nvm I read the comments below and he might be complete shit soooo

Dex-chan lover
From the WN, the father was
a very capable king. But he was very calculated, shrewd, and quite a bastard. He was unfeeling toward his children and judged them based on their usefulness for the kingdom. The MC's older brother tried to shield her from their father, afraid that he would use her in his political scheme.

"This me- the king" lol, is he showing off his status in front of his own daughter? Otherwise you wouldn't have tell it

Dex-chan lover
@art17 I doubt the mangaka intended that joke. 'Laputa' is the name of a flying island in Gulliver's Travels, and probably not named with any intention of referring to Spanish. It became the subject of a famous Japanese movie 'Laputa: Castle in the Sky' which is usually just referred to as 'Castle in the Sky'. The name occasionally gets recycled by other Japanese fantasy writers as a generic kingdom name.

@Kefrayba Can you tell me manga and novel similar to each other (like would I be able to just continue to read the novel where the manga left off or if I should reread everything)? And do you happen to remember around what part of novel this part is?

Dex-chan lover
@Chibi-Angi So far it was quite similar. And you are in luck, this manga seems to have been adapted quite thoroughly. You can start from ch. 29 onward.

The dad looks so young! I'm gonna have to reread this.
Thanks for the chapter!

Double-page supporter
Why does her father come across as so aggressive? It's been a while since I read this so have I forgotten something?

Fed-Kun's army
@yukinomi
In the novel they always have a border-line (actually it's arguably just openly) antagonistic relationship.

Unrelated to that, but I'm a bit surprised that the king is so uhhh otome-game-capture-target looking though. I always mentally pictured him as like regal, dignified... old lol

Is that really supposed to be her father? Looks like a teenager to me though!

Users who are viewing this thread