Tensei Pandemic - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Secret feeling

Dex-chan lover
wow, even when the MC has a literal pussy he is still a pussy, how?

Dex-chan lover
For ONCE can we get a manga where they don't fall back on this played out trope of lack of communication leading to missed opportunities leading to the main character's feelings changing? Like, I used to be hesitant AF in middle & high school, but if a girl asked to kiss me even I'd realize she likes me! If he realized that, he could easily confess his feelings and about his disease, and instead of a love triangle, the series could easily become a fulfilling romance where they're dating but can't kiss until they figure out a cure and they can kick that rapey guy he kissed to the curb. It's just sad seeing how these artists, and probably more so their editors, keep falling back on the same old boring tricks and never try to mix things up...

Contributor
@Orenji-kun

The reason why so many series do this is simple - it's easy to write conflict that way.

If MC actually accepted that girl's feelings, then a good mangaka could have them date and develop a relationship while MC tries to hide his true gender from her and prevent her from being infected. But, you know. Sturgeon's Law applies on MangaDex too.

@xyzzy
@Orenji-kun
I think the chapter told it pretty clear that he was afraid that Yurina wouldn't like him once she knew he/she is now a girl. Yeah, sure, call it drama if you wanted but that seemed like a common problem when it came to the whole LGBT/gender/sexual preference issues IRL. I have bisexual friends who aren't comfortable with revealing their preferences to the boys/girls they like because of the fear of rejection. Now applying it to our MC's mindset here. Do you really have the guts to tell the girl who has liked you AS A BOY that you are now A GIRL and a single kiss, the most common intimacy act there is, would turn her into a man if they do it?

Even if you were a girl liking a boy, only to suddenly find out about how he is now a girl, complete with a nonsense story about gender-changing disease, how would that actually go?

Aggregator gang
Well I just hope yurina never kissed hina cuz if she does we're gonna lose a very cute girl and all her fanservice.

Dex-chan lover
…Sigh. So it's gonna be like this, then? More of the same old Misunderstandings and Unspoken Feelings and yada yada yada? I can't say I'm even a little surprised, but I'm certainly disappointed.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for letting readers know you dropped the manga m8.
yeah... no

Users who are viewing this thread