Tensei Reijou wa Shomin no Aji ni Uete Iru

I am pretty sure most of the japanese cooking isekai mangas written by japanese people prefer to highlight japanese foods because their audience are japanese so using japanese dishes helps make the story more relatable to japanese people. As you can tell by the obvious not so hidden messages you probably see what my point is. This helps the immersion for them so they are in the place of the mc who was originally japanese thus missing their homeland's food and they seem to usually pick the common/simplistic dishes that are easily recognizable. Although I have yet to find one where the MC makes latin food, sometimes American, Indian, Euro etc. but never Latin.

@Amithvishal
Nope there has been plenty of italian (usually the basic stereotypical italian stuff like pizza or spaghetti) Italian food is like one of the only euro foods in the japanese mangas that either gets highlighted or at least not shat on like what usually looks like medieval english food. However, not even a latin stereotype like a burrito or taco gets represented, let alone something like Ceviche.

@anzboy i thought burrito and taco are italian foods....hmmm...as you said earlier, its not like i can't understand author's pov. i feel that most of authors avoid other countries food probably because they couldn't experience other country foods. I myself wouldn't write something on french cuisine just by seeing some recipe online. Not to mention, the back lash i might receive for wrong info. Like just stating butter instead of salted butter for crossaint. XD

@Amithvishal
I didn't think about that, but backlash is probably a strong reason as well unless they at the very least make a "fantasy" version similar and not exactly the same so they can take liberties.

I like Japanese food as well and can understand being homesick (I'm half Asian and am very used to having rice at least 4 times a week and get really sad when that gets lowered), but I kind of wish isekai had more variety with this kind of thing. Western food is pretty popular in Japan after all.

The art style is cute, but introducing this divine beast stuff.... well, we'll give it a few more chapters and see how it goes.

Who are you, to walk into my kitchen, spill my food and then tell me you won't let me. Abaha wuss nacass ya hoe. I'd put hot sauce in his eyes.Bout you won't let me. I won't let you leave the kitchen alive. How bout that.

How to make an enemy of 2 Divine Beasts in this 3 simple steps: the chapter.

I don't know if this counted as spoiler but.
the prince in the novel is more docile than this, and i prefer the prince in the novel lol

That tiger holy beast is hot, I wonder if there are IRL boys like this....yeah no, I feel like it's best not to search T^T
WAAAAAHHHHH JXJAKAKKEJRHEHEJJEHE
Thank you for the translations and your efforts put into this manga everyone!!!

U hoe, go die in a ditch (cough, the prince, cough)
Nobody should throw away food like that D:<

Double-page supporter
If you want to enjoy this manga, turn your brain down a bit then jut remember that the country the mc in have shitty taste for cuisine. That's why everything japanese like in here tastes divine.

Users who are viewing this thread