Tensei Ryoushu no Yuuryou Kaitaku: Zense no Kioku o Ikashite White ni Tsutometara, Yuunou na Jinzai ga Atsumari Sugimashita - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Black-He…

Dex-chan lover
i'll never let you ass touching even one finger on lyle
wow that's kinky. i wasn't aware that lyle wants to finger the crusaders' asses lmaooooo

also ellen has a big ass scabbard meant for a bastard sword but is her's is just a long sword.

Aggregator gang
wow that's kinky. i wasn't aware that lyle wants to finger the crusaders' asses lmaooooo

also ellen has a big ass scabbard meant for a bastard sword but is her's is just a long sword.

A bastard sword a type of longsword. They are however on the shorter end of the range not the longer when compared to proper two-handed longswords. A bastard sword is between a one-hand arming sword and a full two-hand long sword. That's why they are now often called "hand and a half" swords. Able to be used with both hands like a longsword but still also usable one handed like an arming sword. Most actually had blades closer in length to an arming sword so on the short end of longswords. The main defining point wasn't blade length it was handle length and style. A bastard sword had one just long enough to use two hands rather than a proper two handed grip which is long enough to have a fair amount of space between your hands for extra leverage. The handle was also shaped differently. Bastard swords had a thicker "waist" in the middle and tapered thinner toward the pommel to make it easier to grip. They were also balanced more toward the handguard than a two-handed blade since they needed to be used with one hand as well. The balance and shorter handles made them ideal for half-swording which was very popular later middle-ages.

Her's would be two-handed longsword based on the handle length and shape. The blade however is comically thick. Thicker at the base than a longsword blade would normally be wide. It would be stupidly heavy, probably not cut well and honestly might make a better club. lol

Dex-chan lover
A bastard sword a type of longsword. They are however on the shorter end of the range not the longer when compared to proper two-handed longswords. A bastard sword is between a one-hand arming sword and a full two-hand long sword. That's why they are now often called "hand and a half" swords. Able to be used with both hands like a longsword but still also usable one handed like an arming sword. Most actually had blades closer in length to an arming sword so on the short end of longswords. The main defining point wasn't blade length it was handle length and style. A bastard sword had one just long enough to use two hands rather than a proper two handed grip which is long enough to have a fair amount of space between your hands for extra leverage. The handle was also shaped differently. Bastard swords had a thicker "waist" in the middle and tapered thinner toward the pommel to make it easier to grip. They were also balanced more toward the handguard than a two-handed blade since they needed to be used with one hand as well. The balance and shorter handles made them ideal for half-swording which was very popular later middle-ages.

Her's would be two-handed longsword based on the handle length and shape. The blade however is comically thick. Thicker at the base than a longsword blade would normally be wide. It would be stupidly heavy, probably not cut well and honestly might make a better club. lol
an info like this is definitely a surprise but a welcome one lol

tbh i was under the impression that cloud's(from ff7) and guts's(from berserk) sword is called bastard sword and swords like william wallace's(from braveheart) are called long sword so that's why i said it like that considering the term bastard sword and long sword are used hand-in-hand like in games but to think that the unique difference is the sword's handle and not the blade's width honestly blew my mind lmao

Aggregator gang
an info like this is definitely a surprise but a welcome one lol

tbh i was under the impression that cloud's(from ff7) and guts's(from berserk) sword is called bastard sword and swords like william wallace's(from braveheart) are called long sword so that's why i said it like that considering the term bastard sword and long sword are used hand-in-hand like in games but to think that the unique difference is the sword's handle and not the blade's width honestly blew my mind lmao

Yeah the terms get thrown around a lot especially in fiction. Terms like longsword, bastard sword and broadsword are constantly misused to a crazy degree. There is also a lot of inconsistencies in how some of the terms have been used historically. Nowadays we have generally more or less settled on what each of the terms means but it can still get messy since it's a mix of classical uses and terms as well as modern classifications and terms. It's not that odd to see even historians argue about the specifics

In Berserk the Dragon Slayer sword he uses is supposed to be a greatsword but it's way to wide and exaggerated for a human to realistically use it in the way you would actually use one.

Cloud's Buster sword is referred to as two-handed broadsword but in real life broadswords were one-handed, generally double edged and had basket hilts or hand-guards (they were also called basket swords for it). It's also insanely oversized. Again it's hard to think of an honestly accurate classification for it since you wouldn't actually find something in the real world comparable in size and style.

The sword in Braveheart by the way is a two-handed claymore. Another confusing and often misused term because there are both two-handed claymores (basically a Scottish greatsword) but also one-handed claymores which were shorter swords with wide blades and basket hilts which actually makes them broadswords. lol

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army

As Johnny Carson used to say, “I did not know that.”

Dex-chan lover
holy crap this translation feels like a kid, or someone not fluent in English did, and it hurts my brain. page 34, panel 3 is the worst

Users who are viewing this thread