Tensei-saki wa Moumoku Youjo deshita - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Double-page supporter
soo the whole gimmick of the series of being blind is gone now ill still read it though because I'm a warm garbage isekai consumer

Dex-chan lover
I could feel the flavor draining out of the work with each page in this chapter. Not only did her unique protag trait disappear in an instant, and along with it her entire relationship with the others, but her powers felt completely and unoriginally copied from other trash isekai works. One I would have been...tolerant of, but not two :pout:

I'll probably keep reading for a while to see if there's a later course correction, but this has definitely dropped in my priority list.:meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
Impaired Sight Girl Isekai is now "Slightly Unorthodox Magical Appraisal Eyesight" Girl Isekai. It was more fun when she has no clue what she was looking at other than vague shapes. That gimmick could've been put to spectacular use, but sadly it was removed too soon. At least she now knows that her noble sister looks like a noble woman and that Garu is a dashing gentleman when he's not her overgrown pet.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I'm dropping this now. The gimmick of this was actually really good, but now they dropped the "blind" part which is even in the fucking title. It was a nice ride until here, but this is my stop. :pepehmm:

Eh, it's a running theme with manga and manhwa, "I been reincarnated as a fat girl, but my new superpower is being slim" or "I had dark skin once upon a time but now I am white, but twitter outrage had me go back black again" (that one had actually happened) and so on and so forth. It's a neverending cycle and if you are as tired of it as I am, then we have something in common.

I’d be less disappointed if it at least felt like Phyliis “earned” her eyesight, but it really just feels like a deus ex machina that instantly cured her disability with no repercussions or a period of adjusting.

I’ll keep reading, but I really wanted to see more of Phyllis working around her disability

Dex-chan lover
Eh, it's a running theme with manga and manhwa, "I been reincarnated as a fat girl, but my new superpower is being slim" or "I had dark skin once upon a time but now I am white, but twitter outrage had me go back black again" (that one had actually happened) and so on and so forth. It's a neverending cycle and if you are as tired of it as I am, then we have something in common.
I remember that one you mentioned. I think the translation group picked it up PURELY because of the change and they wanted to see people react. That one was incredibly bland outside that gimmick, which is a common issue with all the gimmick-based ones. Once you remove or resolve the gimmick, there's nothing really left to make it stand apart from the others.

So uh. Bad sign for this one. At least Garu being a divine beast is kinda different from the usual formula, but overall it's still on a fast track to the generic formula.

Dex-chan lover
Her "blindness" turned into "clairvoyance" which not only she can see clearly, she's also kept her aura/mana sight and somehow it got more OP i think? She can cure or directly 'attack' people's aura/mana from the looks of it. The whole gimmick of being blind is the charm of this manga and now it's gone lol.

Oh well i guess i tried to continue this manga for about 4-5 chapters and see how it's turned out. I just hoping phylis new power isn't permanent, all-time powerful skill that practically solve anything or her new power is acting like an 'active skill' so if she want to see clearly, she needs to activate her skill again.

Dex-chan lover
Still gonna stick with this, because the story is moving and we have a new mystery (yeah!). Regarding her power, I am actually looking forward to see her shooting laser non stop from her eyes, destroying the city, while laughing maniacally. But it turn out pretty normal and actually just a strenghtened power that already been there.

Dex-chan lover
I can feel my expression slowly went 😃😦🙁😐 the moment she said that she can see.

I remember that one you mentioned. I think the translation group picked it up PURELY because of the change and they wanted to see people react. That one was incredibly bland outside that gimmick, which is a common issue with all the gimmick-based ones. Once you remove or resolve the gimmick, there's nothing really left to make it stand apart from the others.

So uh. Bad sign for this one. At least Garu being a divine beast is kinda different from the usual formula, but overall it's still on a fast track to the generic formula.
Can you give me da sauce

Dex-chan lover
"I had dark skin once upon a time but now I am white, but twitter outrage had me go back black again" (that one had actually happened)
No way that is real 🤣. Of course I said the same thing when i heard about reincarnated as a vending machine years ago and here we are where even that series has an anime adaptation.

Dex-chan lover
No way that is real 🤣. Of course I said the same thing when i heard about reincarnated as a vending machine years ago and here we are where even that series has an anime adaptation.
It's true. Author was called out for white washing MC when it was pretty damn clear she was not born dark-skinned but became that way by her blessing. It's like saying the same thing about Nagatoro if she ever became light skin and people called that white washing. They are completely ignoring the fact that she's just tanned and if stayed out the sun she would naturally return to her original skintone

Dex-chan lover
It's real. It's overall super cliche and wishy-washy, that little choice is the most interesting part of it.

Dex-chan lover

It's true. Author was called out for white washing MC when it was pretty damn clear she was not born dark-skinned but became that way by her blessing. It's like saying the same thing about Nagatoro if she ever became light skin and people called that white washing. They are completely ignoring the fact that she's just tanned and if stayed out the sun she would naturally return to her original skintone
It's real. It's overall super cliche and wishy-washy, that little choice is the most interesting part of it.
What the hell. A actual physical characteristic change that was explicitly done for plot reasons with plot relevance(now that her appearance changed superficially back to her genetics), people superficially flipped on a dime and pretend like they love and care about her. Almost completely negated by idiot backlash reconning it out of existence artistically.

If people were going to get outraged at someone's skin tone/characteristics changing because of a blessing, they should've been outraged by the very first chapter and setting to begin with. With dark skin tone being used as part of a plot device for a character to be ostracized.

(Which spoiler, was not even that dark to begin with.)

I just couldn't believe this was even more dumb a backlash than it initially sounded.

"I had dark skin once upon a time but now I am white, but twitter outrage had me go back black again"

More like:

"That time I was born with Light skin(and hair/eyes) that became darker due to a blessing of the spirit of darkness, and I then got another blessing by the spirit of light and got my natural skin tone back(with hair and eyes still altered), but now my skin is darker again due to twitter outrage"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Big Floof-> mostly seen in his human form.
Main quest_1: escape valley->DONE
side Main quest: find loving Onesan->DONE
Main quest_2: complete selection ceremony->DONE
Disability that defined the main gimmick of the series-> gone but now Isekai holy op.
Overtly evil Family getting comeuppance: in progress
Cute little girl-> still cute and little (...for now)

Just about everything is either resolved or completely changed; what is the point of continuing to read this?

Users who are viewing this thread