Tensei Shitara Dainana-ouji Dattanode, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu - Ch. 142 - Altar

Dex-chan lover
I know this manga likes hyperbole very much, but casting a super-tornado, and a super-tsunami, showing how it devours the earth below them and wrecks it apart -- means they just obliterated at least half the population of Earth. This is one of those moments where suspension-of-disbelief gets completely shat on.
I figure the author wanted to showcase an "epic fight", but you cannot have your cake and eat it too. If the spells were not meant to destroy the planet, do not actually show it destroying the planet for fuck's sake.

P.S: It is also way too naive to have assumed that Tartaros, and Ido to some degree, could've had a simple happy ending, as if nothing never happened.
Tartaros actually tried to kill people, and might've actually succeeded given the large scale of his assault. It is not a "teehee I guess I went a bit too far". Premeditated, large-scale homicide is not something you can go "teehee-pero" over.
One of the major faults of this story, is when it tries to tuck away shit under the rug. For the most part, it's played for gags, but this is one step way too bloody far.
Tartaros does not deserve the sympathy he's being shown here, neither any form of redemption.

P.P.S: I get that this is primarly a gag manga, but you cannot have this overblown drama arc -- and then go: "drama? I never did such thing."
If you want drama, you also need consequences. And I bet 100% that there will be absolutely none.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I know this manga likes hyperbole very much, but casting a super-tornado, and a super-tsunami, showing how it devours the earth below them and wrecks it apart -- means they just obliterated at least half the population of Earth. This is one of those moments where suspension-of-disbelief gets completely shat on.
They‘re in space, on the moon.

Dex-chan lover
I figure the author wanted to showcase an "epic fight", but you cannot have your cake and eat it too. If the spells were not meant to destroy the planet, do not actually show it destroying the planet for fuck's sake.

P.S: It is also way too naive to have assumed that Tartaros, and Ido to some degree, could've had a simple happy ending, as if nothing never happened.
Tartaros actually tried to kill people, and might've actually succeeded given the large scale of his assault. It is not a "teehee I guess I went a bit too far". Premeditated, large-scale homicide is not something you can go "teehee-pero" over.
One of the major faults of this story, is when it tries to tuck away shit under the rug. For the most part, it's played for gags, but this is one step way too bloody far.
Tartaros does not deserve the sympathy he's being shown here, neither any form of redemption.

P.P.S: I get that this is primarly a gag manga, but you cannot have this overblown drama arc -- and then go: "drama? I never did such thing."
If you want drama, you also need consequences. And I bet 100% that there will be absolutely none.
You spent more time writing this than actually reading the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Oh also Tartaros Dying is sad was this why he was so hellbent on fighting Lloyd in the first place? because he was going to die so he said screw it go out in a blaze of glory?

Contributor
Oh also Tartaros Dying is sad was this why he was so hellbent on fighting Lloyd in the first place? because he was going to die so he said screw it go out in a blaze of glory?
This actually, he wanted to die on his terms instead of waiting for his timer to run out. Think of it like a person that only has a few days left to live due to cancer deciding that they're going to fight the most deadly animal nearby because they have nothing to lose.

Or better yet an old Viking that wants to die in battle so they can get into Valhalla instead of dying from old age and getting sent to Helheim.

Dex-chan lover
This actually, he wanted to die on his terms instead of waiting for his timer to run out. Think of it like a person that only has a few days left to live due to cancer deciding that they're going to fight the most deadly animal nearby because they have nothing to lose.

Or better yet an old Viking that wants to die in battle so they can get into Valhalla instead of dying from old age and getting sent to Helheim.
Yeah, but still, the shit he did. When you look at it objectively, it's downright monstrous just to commit suicide so he doesn't die in what? Mediocrity because it would make Ido sad because he failed in creating him? I mean when someone goes to kill a dangerous animal or an Old Viking goes to die in battle usually they take authority over themselves here Tartaros took over a fucking country and threatened its entire populous and neighboring countries populous just to die, its messed up.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Page 20. He's in the cockpit with the two buddies, casting his spells, surrounded by condensed magic and mystery liquid droplets. They're in zero G. Draw your own conclusions.
I'd rather not thank you also dear fuck I feel bad for Grim

Reactions: le3
Contributor
I have a question what happened to Lloyd needing to take a piss?
Page 20. He's in the cockpit with the two buddies, casting his spells, surrounded by condensed magic and mystery liquid droplets. They're in zero G. Draw your own conclusions.
I think those are the bubbles from Grimo and Jillel foaming at the mouth as usual due to the insane amount of condensed spells Lloyd is using.

Page 15 of Chapter 144 has Lloyd teleporting to a toilet stall, with a mysterious rainbow occurring before he opens the door.

photo-1523308074634-ce0eb221c667

Fed-Kun's army
I'm surprised the outer gods didn't peek in through the void, haha!

Users who are viewing this thread