Tensei Shitara Dainana-ouji Dattanode, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu - Ch. 146 - War Council

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
I believe he's not trying to do it cause like he said they could destroy 10 countries so surely whatever magic he would drop would do something similar or worse considering the Meteor he dropped
Bro he delay the ka-boom thing because of they kidnap sylpha father, beside he also want to experiment military magic.

Dex-chan lover
Loyd_bored.png

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
couldn't y'all just... call gitane? He's still probably the second strongest being in their world. Him and Lloyd could easily clean this up, everyone else would just need to focus on defending towns from the stragglers

Pretty sure he's supposed to be "dead" and the only ones that know of him surviving is Lloyd's group, most of which aren't even recognized by the rest of the kingdom.

Dex-chan lover
It's extremely difficult to take anything in this chapter seriously. All of that deep analysis of the potential battlefield -- when we KNOW that it's just going to all go kaboom by the MC anyway.

What's the point of reading how a level 1 is going to slug through a maze, when you have a level 100 that can just plough right through it? These tactic, politic talks are so irrelevant, the MC himself parrots the same sentiments: "so boring".
I just don't get what's the purpose of this chapter?

Dex-chan lover
It's extremely difficult to take anything in this chapter seriously. All of that deep analysis of the potential battlefield -- when we KNOW that it's just going to all go kaboom by the MC anyway.

What's the point of reading how a level 1 is going to slug through a maze, when you have a level 100 that can just plough right through it? These tactic, politic talks are so irrelevant, the MC himself parrots the same sentiments: "so boring".
I just don't get what's the purpose of this chapter?
I guess it ups the stake for other characters a bit. Ms. Maid especially for possibly losing a father.

And it's kinda always been like this since day 1 anyway.

Dex-chan lover
I guess it ups the stake for other characters a bit. Ms. Maid especially for possibly losing a father.

And it's kinda always been like this since day 1 anyway.

I feel like I already ranted on this story for long enough, so I'll just say --
Take a look at One Punch Man.
If you want to "up the stakes" for other characters -- make sure you build up their own personal side-stories, and focus on them. Then, they try to resolve things through their own strengths, through their own personal perspectives. It has nothing to do with the OP MC.

Meanwhile, in this chapter, is that our OP MC, is readily available in the room, who trivializes the entire discussion not just by being there, but by also parroting how boring it is; the focus never shifts away from him, not really.
So that obviously makes it harder to take any of their problems seriously.

P.S: "And it's kinda always been like this since day 1 anyway."
True. But it was also played for the gag: "Oh no, we're doomed! -- oh never mind."
The terror was built up as a joke, while in this chapter it was built up seriously. It is not the same.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I already ranted on this story for long enough, so I'll just say --
Take a look at One Punch Man.
If you want to "up the stakes" for other characters -- make sure you build up their own personal side-stories, and focus on them. Then, they try to resolve things through their own strengths, through their own personal perspectives. It has nothing to do with the OP MC.

Meanwhile, in this chapter, is that our OP MC, is readily available in the room, who trivializes the entire discussion not just by being there, but by also parroting how boring it is; the focus never shifts away from him, not really.
So that obviously makes it harder to take any of their problems seriously.

P.S: "And it's kinda always been like this since day 1 anyway."
True. But it was also played for the gag: "Oh no, we're doomed! -- oh never mind."
The terror was built up as a joke, while in this chapter it was built up seriously. It is not the same.
They already did focus on the side characters though. I don't know if it's as varied and tight as OPM, but the author did focus a lot. Ms. Maid had several character focus moment and even a flashback, China gal surprisingly got a moment to shine in a mecha tournament, Ms. Poison adapting to her new life and role, and the princes got some focuses too.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter if the OP MC is in the room. As long as they exist, the problem will always be trivial.
Saitama near season 1's ending is in that room with the S-class, but the aliens including final boss are still decently threatening. Lloyd is not the heroic type to begin with, that's why Tartaros can get that strong. He would absolutely let the beasts go wild for a while for one reason or another.
In general, Lloyd's "how boring" is also similar to Saitama's attitude to Genos and animal-revolution professor's backstory.

And the terrors are often treated pretty seriously, I'll say. The demon, the ex-pope, and Tartaros each got quite a long showtime where they're treated as serious threats.

Dex-chan lover
i get the feeling that the, "Don't be hasty", message is a warning from the main villain. Like Lloyd can just nuke everything, but now that they held Sylpha's dad hostage and he's in the middle of the hordes Lloyd cannot just do that.

Lloyd values his friend and family a lot, this is something that Tartaros realized in the previous arc. The enemy this time is most likely Tartaros's progeny and they're capitalizing on that knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread