Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta ~Ibara no Dragon Road~ - Ch. 38

Dex-chan lover
I didn't expect the ants to actually have an intelligent queen. As soon as she notices the meat is poisoned, she will order the ant troops to get rid of it. Everything depends on how soon she will notice it.
I'm thinking there are multiple groups of ants. Might be black ants or like army ants.

Double-page supporter
Why I feel that after this arc the serie gonna get axed?

Well, at least I get to see his next form.
Ouroboros

Double-page supporter
FYI, this and the next chapter are deviating a notable amount from the webnovel.
I'm hopeful the mangaka is just shorting this mini-training arc, but we shall see how this goes.

(Also, sorry for the wait. It's busy season for my IRL job, so I got bogged down with that. Busy season is winding down some, so next chapter will hopefully be faster to release).
I haven't read the WN for this series but I'm reading the LN and the manga seems to be fairly consistent with that. As an active LN reader, it seems to be the case that the manga and anime (if it has it) for any given series is typically adapted from the light novel if there is one

Dex-chan lover
I haven't read the WN for this series but I'm reading the LN and the manga seems to be fairly consistent with that. As an active LN reader, it seems to be the case that the manga and anime (if it has it) for any given series is typically adapted from the light novel if there is one
That is correct, but this author has so many series that there is hardly any changes between their webnovels and their light novels.

That's why the upcoming shift is noteworthy enough to mention. The mangaka has been very religiously following the novel script this entire time and now they are starting to deviate (like with Adhoff not losing his arm like he did in the novel). I don't want to give away the next chapter, but you will see a very noticeable change in the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I love the series and thank you for the translation. But gawdamn is it hard to read! Small letter size combined with that shrift is so hard on the eyes! 💀
Even a tiny bit larger letters (those bubbles, they still have space!) and a more clean, clear shrift would be a godsend!
I actually have to zoom in on my large screen tablet, every Buble to be able to read it properly, pls take mercy on my eyes 🙏
I can look into increasing size/spacing of the letters in the next chapter.
Is it mainly line spacing making it harder to read or are the letters also too small?

What do you mean by "shrift" though?
The only meaning I get when looking it up was a "confession of sin to a priest", which I'm assuming is not what you meant...

Double-page supporter
How it is different ?
I don't remember much since I read it years ago but in the novel
after poisoning the meat dumpings, mc catches an ogre ant and then he offers it some food and after that he shows it the pile of dumpling to it. Later, after inspecting the dumpling the ant brought it companions while thanking the MC. Also there's a case of Adolff losing an arm

Dex-chan lover
Murphy's law really likes waiting around the corner in this story.
8xq7so.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I can look into increasing size/spacing of the letters in the next chapter.
Is it mainly line spacing making it harder to read or are the letters also too small?

What do you mean by "shrift" though?
The only meaning I get when looking it up was a "confession of sin to a priest", which I'm assuming is not what you meant...
I think by shrift they meant the font.

Not that you asked for my opinion, but if you found it hard to fit bubbles with larger text size, maybe it’s because you have too much fluff and need to trim the sentences down?

Dex-chan lover
I think by shrift they meant the font.

Not that you asked for my opinion, but if you found it hard to fit bubbles with larger text size, maybe it’s because you have too much fluff and need to trim the sentences down?
I do try to reduce sentences when I can.

Though part of it is some bubbles are simply too small at times. Japanese kanji words are often shorter than english words, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread