Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta ~Ibara no Dragon Road~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 25

Group Leader
The massive overuse of uncommon phrases and word choices is quite difficult to read, and is, well, unnatural because no one speaks like that.
Onus? Like, for real. I have never heard of this word before this chapter. It's like, for every keyword in a sentence, you chose an alternative in a synonym dictionary.

Dex-chan lover
The massive overuse of uncommon phrases and word choices is quite difficult to read, and is, well, unnatural because no one speaks like that.
Onus? Like, for real. I have never heard of this word before this chapter. It's like, for every keyword in a sentence, you chose an alternative in a synonym dictionary.
Onus is used quite often in legal documents.

Dex-chan lover
It's not as uncommon as all that in formal settings (particularly law), but overall they DO come across as speaking formally, which I doubt reflects the original text.

Contributor
@Humin
Rather than improving your translation skills it feels more like you just started changing things as you please, causing sentences to not flow properly and become extremely odd and out of place damaging the series overall... and thanks to the foolish lengthening of sentences even errors were made that make the sentence as a whole wrong... honestly this needs a redo...

Rewrite and liberal translation is the worst a translator can do please stop...!

To: As if anyone would believe such asinine utterances.

And that every fucking sentence... stop the fucking rewrite.
The best translation is the one that follows exactly what the author intended, you're only damaging this with that shit, you're not better than this author.
If you want to ruin something do it with your own book but hey honest advice here seeing how you rewrite nobody will read it... making it complex and hard to follow isn't smart it's plain stupid as it makes the readers lose their focus and interest.

Last edited:
Contributor
Correct. This wasn't simply translated but also rewritten the sentences were lenghtened causing various errors while also ruining the flow...

Aggregator gang
Holy hell this chapter felt like it was first machine translated then fed through ChatGPT with a prompt to make the language seem more intelligent than it really is with extensive use of synonyms. There really was no good reason to change terms like plague dragon to plaguewyrm or status to condition or any of the other 300 terms under the guise of uniformity.

Users who are viewing this thread