Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta ~Ibara no Dragon Road~ - Vol. 7 Ch. 36

Dex-chan lover
I like these stakes for the battle. It's not that he has to fight the centipede, but if he can't, he can't beat the bad guy either, and this is probably the only way to get strong enough.

Pull out all the skills, and all the wits. Only way to win. The struggle is real.

Dex-chan lover
In Japanese folklore, there is a yokai called an Ōmukade. It takes the form of a centipede larger enough to wrap around mountains. Notably, they are strong enough to eat dragons.
latest

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I noticed the little centipede face. All the sound effects in this are pretty awesome by the way. I liked "Zooomed" in particular.
The Zoomed one was one I was actually a bit uncomfortable with. I'm not a fan of putting the translated SFX over the top of characters when I can help it. So I'm glad you liked the way I did it. That helps reaffirm that I didn't screw it up.

For the centipede face, I actually made the SFX mimic the Centipede's body as much as possible too. A word centipede was the goal. :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
What do you guys think his plan was/is?
Because, Imho, he just charged at it without much thinking.

Also, I have noticed, besides the 'M' letter, the centipede has no fire resistance so he should breathe some fire on it and see what happens... it has that 'carapace of swarm king' so dunno what it does.

Dex-chan lover

Also, I have noticed, besides the 'M' letter, the centipede has no fire resistance so he should breathe some fire on it and see what happens... it has that 'carapace of swarm king' so dunno what it does.
It's interesting that you mentioned its lack of fire resistance. You know what also is fire based? The Centipede's heat ray.

It is strong enough to cut off the tip of its own tail when Irushia faced it that 2nd time. Plus, Irushia is wanting the centipede to use its long-running heat ray for his strategy to work. I wonder why that is...? :meguusmug:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's interesting that you mentioned its lack of fire resistance. You know what also is fire based? The Centipede's heat ray.

It is strong enough to cut off the tip of its own tail. Plus, Irushia is wanting the centipede to use its long-running heat ray for his strategy to work. I wonder why that is...? :meguusmug:
Don't tell me the centipede is that stupid?

Double-page supporter
In Japanese folklore, there is a yokai called an Ōmukade. It takes the form of a centipede larger enough to wrap around mountains. Notably, they are strong enough to eat dragons.
latest
Damn, thats a nice tidbit of information. Thanks!

Double-page supporter
Thanks for another amazing chapter. This is like a game where he constantly meets new foes and has to level up to defeat the bosses.

Group Leader
Either blow itself up with a dust explosion or have it attack the ant nest again and piss off the entire swarm.

Users who are viewing this thread