Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita: Another Wish

Dex-chan lover
Ohh there is more of this series? Which means more Fran! Awesome!

Fran is so beautiful on this cover omg.

Dex-chan lover
this fran looks too happy, kill her parents or something

Bruh momento I commento

What's the difference of this series and the main one?

@ZweiHei 2 months late, but I'm still answering your comment
this is a spin-off, basically just one of those spin-offs with the characters goofing around and fluff tossed around/nonsensical plot stuff, pretty much
Here's some character designs for it by the artist: https://twitter.com/hinako_zooya/status/1256907341728890881
Amanda and Klimt are appearing in this spin-off, but not Jean, Satya, etc
Also, there's a new bird companion here (but never is going canon in the main story); it's basically just a cute mascot
Here's the plot synopsis from anime-planet:
Fran and her master challenged a phantom dungeon that only appears once every three years. The two found a mysterious bell at the end of the dungeon. When they broke the bell, a mysterious light envelops the two!

Aggregator gang
SwordBro Another Wish is now at chapter 8 after starting in June 2020. Apparently, it's on a one month release cycle in Comic Ride. As for translations, you'll have to use MTL OCR on it for now. Fran's additional new companion is a blue bird similar in looks to the blue bird of a competing manga from ASCII Media Works released around the same time. However, the other blue bird is better designed and is the MC companion of the female mage much the same way as the sword MC is the companion of the female carrier. Mangadex has the other title, and you can compare the two blue birds easily:
https://mangadex.org/title/55020/reborn-as-a-phoenix-a-normal-bird-can-t-beat-a-dragon-right

It would be a visual pun if LHTranslations picked up SwordBro Another Wish and then released their manga translations of both manga on the same day next to each other. It's the battle of the two blue birds!

FOLLOWUP: Looks like the publishers have amicably changed any collision. The other bird has changed from blue to now be red. I am a little annoyed since I liked how the MC was hiding his fire powers by being blue instead of red like a phoenix.

Dex-chan lover
@Taima Isn't that just the sparkly eyes' fault? Because her expression is neutral as usual.
Also...
Her parents are DEAAAAAAAAD. 🦇

@Taima Isn't that just the sparkly eyes' fault? Because her expression is neutral as usual.
Also...
Her parents are DEAAAAAAAAD. 🦇
i think he means to resurrect them, bring them to her, and kill them in front of her.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, so there ARE threads for the whole manga instead of individual chapters!

Now I can ask if there would be an issue reading this, since it starts from chapter 10.

Group Leader
Ah, so there ARE threads for the whole manga instead of individual chapters!

Now I can ask if there would be an issue reading this, since it starts from chapter 10.
Sorry for the late answer. You should go to nyaa(.)si website, delete the () thing, search the volumes 1-4 of this manga, download them and use a CBR program to read them, its official translation for chapters 1-19.

I am saying this because no other websites have all the chapters in English. Then you can checks raws in other websites.

Dex-chan lover
this series is a fun read but it really fails to earn its substance over the 32 chapters. Movement 0 and the first 2 acts of Movement 1 are great, but it really doesnt work again until Lulu (Alternate Universe Fran) is revealed to have Mesothelioma. fundamentally the problem is that theres alot of lack of feeling of world movement in the alternate settings. in regular Reincarnated as a Sword, Fran and Excalibark are Constantly doing their own thing, but everyone else is just as invested and involved in the world. For instance Amanda, who would have sponsored Fran and had a much less severe introduction, is tasked with an impossible investigation that fails, and returns stressed work only to facecheck her adorable granddaughter. secondary and tertiary characters have lives, motivations, and personalities beyond what Fran observes, and its clear the world doesnt revolve around Fran's journey.

Neither the Princess Amanda or Idol stories feel like that. These worlds are in stasis.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry for the late answer. You should go to nyaa(.)si website, delete the () thing, search the volumes 1-4 of this manga, download them and use a CBR program to read them, its official translation for chapters 1-19.

I am saying this because no other websites have all the chapters in English. Then you can checks raws in other websites.
Looks like they are all out now

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread