Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 5 Ch. 25 - Break Through

Aggregator gang
@Qulix and Kaarme:

It depends on how you define "by accident." It wasn't a "oops, I meant to kill it without harming the mana crystal" kind of accident. It was a "HOW DARE YOU HURT FRAN!! I'LL WIPE OUT YOU AND YOUR ALLIES AND YOUR ENTIRE SPECIES DOWN TO THE LAST MOLECULE FOR DARING TO PUT A SINGLE SCRATCH ON MY DAUGHTER YOU MISERABLE PIECE OF EXCREMENT ARGLEBLARGE RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!" kind of accident.

Dex-chan lover
@Madcat6204 My problem with that, like @Qelix already said, is that if she made such elementary mistakes, how could she rise in ranks? She would have surely failed important missions by destroying stuff that shouldn't be destroyed, killing creatures that shouldn't be killed, not being where and when she shouldn't have been, or failed to keep alive folks that should have remained intact. In reality she must have fought numerous battles against opponents far stronger than that spider thing, so she knows her own strength. Based on the ending of the chapter she's also a decently well-known adventurer of good reputation since the knights treated her with respect. If she was an idiot loose cannon, it's hard to see how she could have become what she apparently is when working (she could be something else outside of work).

Group Leader
@Kaarme depends on how often Amanda decides to overkill stuff. I feel like in this case because it involved Fran Amanda overreacted and decided to wipe the spiders out of existence and ended up using an excessive amount of force, but in any other case she would be using an appropriate amount of force to deal with the threat in front of her.

@Kaarme
Power is an trumps almost all others flaws in Adventurer ranks.
Amanda has to be there to hold an enemy army from attacking.
Almost all S Ranks are powerful but most have some flaws.
They are basicly nutjobs.
That and Amanda is basicly
Frans Grandmother.
She raised here parents in a orphanage and sees them as here children.

Dex-chan lover
@Madcat6204, @Fireboy, @Chuchlain: Then again that spider queen was badly injured, by the sword alone none the less. Fran wanted her revenge, had nearly completely recovered and was equipped with master. If that thing would have been about to use another trap, I do believe the author would have hinted that. Fran was about to strike...and then Amanda interfered. Suspicious, suspicious!
If Amanda's reason was to suppress nearly every spider in that room, to prevent further losses of adventurer lives, I could live with that. But why wouldn't she say so?

For now I believe (like @Kaarme, I guess) the theory that makes the most sense is, that she didn't want MC to absorb that stone and acted accordingly. And now she plays the clown. Without a doubt, she did that to protect Fran. The question left is, was something wrong with that stone (She is a high ranking adventurer and has access to secret intelligence.) or is she suspecting Master to be harmful? (Maybe intelligent weapons have a doubtful history and should be exterminated on sight. And for now she just pretends to be on Fran and Masters side.)

EDIT: Totally forgot to mention, all of the above is obsolete, if she really turns out to be a nutjob of that caliber. But I highly doubt it.

Dex-chan lover
@Chuchlain I'm not going to click those spoilers, but if power is all you have and you don't know how to use it properly, you aren't an adventurer anymore, you are a villain hunted by adventurers.

Dex-chan lover
Dead List
>Gobu Rou
>Kumo

Whos next on Frans kill list?
Ainz?
Skeleton Knight?
Slime?

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
She made one mistake on impulse, and you're acting like she's a failure who should immediately quit her job... or even a villain to be hunted down like a foul beast.

She's an adventurer, a very powerful one, but she's still a human. Errare humanum est.

Dex-chan lover
@Nolonar Hmm..? Perhaps you scanned through my earlier posts too quickly? My point was that she didn't make a mistake. She's a famous Rank A adventurer who wouldn't make such a basic mistake so easily. There's nothing errare humanum about what happened. It looked as if, in my eyes, she did it on purpose and then acted like it was but an odd accident. That wouldn't make her a failure, it made her a person who knew perfectly what she was doing and executed her will with the kind of skill you'd expect from a Rank A adventurer.

Dex-chan lover
Aside from what was mentioned in the spoilers, it is also important to note that Amanda has the title "Guardian of the Children" which she gained by protecting children, so the way she overreacts when children are hurt or wronged is more of how Paladins will go overboard fighting evil. In a way, Amanda's dharma is to protect children. It is what she sees her life's purpose as, so when someone tramples on what she swore to protect, she flips.

Thanks for the upload. Poor Fran got robbed of a boss fight, and a mana crystal. Also it'll be cool if Urushi just lies in wait within Fran's shadow like in that Slime manga (forgive me I can never remember names).

Dex-chan lover
of course the opportunity for Master to obtain a skill that would allow him to return his human form was taken...

@Superioreos so you're saying that a rage/berserk like skill is activated when she is in the presence of a child getting hurt?

Double-page supporter
Nah she's just really passionate about protecting kids. She even has a title for it.

You harm kids and she hears about it and you and your kin aren't gonna exist for much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread