Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 5 Ch. 26 - Named Item

Fed-Kun's army
@veruschka

Novel translation has stopped (and potentially will be taken down) due to the LN being licensed and there being very little difference between LN and WN. This was the translators choice and not forced by the company behind the licensing.

Dex-chan lover
@degenerateafro I would guess the explanation would be something like the armor can sense harmful intentions directed to the user. So maybe just normally touching Fran's stomach is fine and we would be able to feel her soft and smooth tummy, but if we try to shove a knife through her stomach it'd feel like stabbing a concrete wall.

Fed-Kun's army
Page 24 bugs me, where did the earring go in one of the panels?

Dex-chan lover
I prefer the previous armor, as it actually looked like it might be protective. This one might have higher stats, and actually be more protective, but it looks like something she might wear under actual armor. It saddens me that we're stuck with this one now.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah, the legendary armor theory where less armor and more boner quality = more protection... How long till we see Fran in her god-tier bikini armor, hmm?

Double-page supporter
@Spitzer That's still no good. That means she can be hit by splash damage. If she's not the intended target, there shouldn't be any direct aggression.

Group Leader
@Veruschka 61. The manga does a much better job of this scene though, I think.

@degenerateafro Low level automagic recognition of threat? There are other sentient pieces of equipment, and something like that might be such a basic effect that smiths have largely forgotten that it's effectively powered by AI. It would allow a friendly hug, kick in if the hug turned into a grapple, block a random falling brick, and probably kick in if a friendly movement came in with enough force to possibly be injurious.

Incidentally, Dune tackled a similar issue way back in 1965-- force field equipment could only be penetrated from the outside by objects moving below a certain velocity and from certain angles relative to its surface, effectively blocking all physical projectiles and all but the best trained melee combatants. (And the author had the foresight to explain why energy weapons wouldn't work either: It would cause a feedback loop that would make the shield and the gun explode. With an entirely random amount of force, up to post-nuclear.)

@Harvester well, the extra protection is provided by a blessing from an actual god, so i would assume "it just works"(tm)

also personal smith GET

Dex-chan lover
Sword Dad and Fran plus Shield Bro, Raphtalia and Firo...
THERE MUST BE A CROSS-OVER!

Fed-Kun's army
lmao that was some bullshit explanation about the exposed armor parts protection but okay I'm buying it cuz why the fuck n- *FBI OPEN UP!!*

I like this because everyone is protective of Fran like they are the parent and Fran is their curious child going on adventures! Adults being actual caring adults in an isekai!

Heartwarming! Fran is like Finn in Adventure Time!

Dex-chan lover
ugh i more liked the old dress

the belly expose are just cheap fanservice
and the explanation about exposed armor parts proctection are BS to justified it

Users who are viewing this thread