Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 9 Ch. 44 - The Nuisance of the Sea

Dex-chan lover
@anandamyzza it was the same for me. Some how, some manga on my list didn't show up in the Follow tab. I just noticed that it was updated when I checked from the Top Chapters list.

@ohms Can u tell me how many manga that u follow but didn't show up? I'm afraid that there is a lot of manga/manhwa that i miss, bcs usually it's update 1-3 hours difference, and now it's increase to 7-10 hours in manga/manhwa that i follow

Dex-chan lover
@anandamyzza I've just noticed this yesterday. When I went to check, there were 5-6 mangas that didn't show up. You can check them from the 'Follows' menu on the left panel.

Do I remember wrong or they have a skill to steal skill from an opponent? Couldn't they use it, with luck, it would be regeneration or an other useful skill, and the missing skill would really weaken this monster, no?

*Master Derp Moment*

Master: What adventurer out there could defeat this thing? Is there any?
Fran: Am i a joke to you...?

Midgårdsormen makes me cringe. That is not English, I'm not talking the word, it uses non-English grammar, it has an -en ending. Also the formatting on the Å is wonky as all hell.
Jormungandr works just fine, failing that, Midgard Serpent. The use of Norwegian/Danish/Whatever does not work in this instance. It is only cumbersome, and cringe as a native speaker.

@happy_demon

i'm danish and i was surprised, that they went out of there way to use å, and i'm glad they did, it makes it feel a bit more true. U should not cringe over the grammar Especially when u don't know how to pronounce it . All say the danish people talk like somebody shoved a potato down our throat it ain't like u r doing a better job so take that potato an shove it where the sun don't shine maybe just maybe that will help

sorry i shouldn't be so mad got a bit carried away i will give midgard sounds but it's a worm not a Serpent oh and i know i just was on a rampage about grammar but plz excuse min I rarely voice my opinions and i gavn up on . and , half way through

@ADo_9000 I'm Norwegian, so I do know how to pronounce it, but I find wedging in the word in such a fashion to be cringe.
As for the worm thing, use wyrm. Wyrms are what you call serpentine dragons or sea serpents.

I wonder what the snake's name translates to? Also, idk why he didn't do this in the first place, but whatever, guess he kept on going with the OHKO idea even when it failed.

Dex-chan lover
midgard-sormen
Please don't compound words and then proceed to split them in a different spot than you joined them :p.

Midgard is a place, the 's denotes ownership (I think that's the grammatical term? More accurately described as the "of" if you switch the order of the words), orm is the name for the animal (snake), and -en is conjugation to definite article (is that the correct grammatical term?) that best translates as "the".

In other words: the name can be translated as "the snake of midgard", but you turned it into "the s-snake midgard" with how you split it to fit 2 lines. "midgard's ormen" (I think you would technically skip the aprostrophe due to the definite article conjugation? but unsure and writing it out for clarity anyway) -> "midgardsormen" (compounding words like this is valid) -> "midgard sormen" (ouch)

Technically there would be an "å" instead of "a" in midgård, but I understand why you didn't and it is an ok internationalization imo.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I wonder what the snake's name translates to? Also, idk why he didn't do this in the first place, but whatever, guess he kept on going with the OHKO idea even when it failed.
humorously enough I spotted your question after just having made a correction comment on it :p
"the s-snake midgard" is what it translated to. Because of how they split the compounded words across lines unfortunately.

Had they done it correctly, it would have been "the snake of midgard"

Users who are viewing this thread