Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Ibun: Makoku Gurashi no Trinity - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - The Bloodstained Town (Part 2)

Aggregator gang
Man I don't know what sort of direction this series is now going but it sure is dark...

Is this set at the same time of church invasion in the main series?

Fed-Kun's army
@Soulwarfare this is just prior to Farmus' invasion, Rimiru would be fighting Hinata right about now. Also these guys would be part of the church, since they're the ones who killed the monsters before Rimiru becomes a demon lord

This reminds me of naurto shippuden episode 166/67

Can't tell me I'm wrong because its the same thing

Mangaka really be calling us humans out for the scum that we are. As a wise man once said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick." In this case, Foss is the big stick. Foss is the BBC; Farmus is the petite latina teen.

MD@Home
Oh man I was not expecting the deaths even though I knew it was going to happen...

I wonder where the goblin squad/onis are - especially worried about
what Shion might be doing...

Don’t want to spoil anything for people but man how I wish some of the top brass or even gobta were here to mess these dudes up. Not saying they won’t either since this isn’t perspective isn’t in the novels so I don’t even know what would be lol.

@HeyitsDan A fair amount of humans aren’t anywhere near these guys. Mostly it is this kingdom and the Church are the ones for different reasons hate monsters like this. Farmus especially does everything in its power to make them look like the scum of the earth. You are right though that the way the monsters are shown being so caring compared to the greedy monstrous humans is done in this series.

The outright stupidity of characters is just surprising sometimes, maybe you should stop and think about why a monster doesn't seem to be intent on killing you instead of antagonizing them.

That said, idiots and fools hide behind religion for their lack of critical thinking and tolerance. There's an old saying that says, "for a good person to do evil deeds, that takes religion." And these idiots are just displaying how evil people hide behind religion to justify their own bigotry. I don't think there's a genuinely good person among this lot, and if there is then chances are that person is so caught up in religious fervor it stopped mattering ages ago.

Dex-chan lover
@dracone there ARE some good people among the soldiers (maybe not this exact group but in genereal among farmus army),
but they accept what happens to them (the whole ,assacre that rimuru does) because of what they came to die even if they dont like either of them themselves.

@Wyald That is something that is a bit more complicated than it was explained until now. Monster below a certain level of strength CANT lie, no matter what, or they would just die/vanish. I think it was only when they became Majins they could lie, but even then they often are not accostumed to lie and therefore are like this, especially the ones under Rimuru.

Contributor
tenor.gif

@Dragou It’s been a while since I re-read the first few novels so I either missed or forgot about that with the lying. Makes sense with how the author portrays the monsters vs humans in the beginning. I remember them saying early on with the goblins and wolves how they think much more straightforward than humans and don’t deceive or lie when it’s all about survival of the fittest. Besides rarely contacting other races especially the weak ones and the strong would just take not talk. Like how they put aside any anger due to the wolf leader dying due to them following the strong. All the residents of Tempest definitely seem to become more human like after evolving and grow with more with each one.

Dex-chan lover
Thank for the chapter.

Interesting to see first hand the consequence of Rimuru Naivety.

Users who are viewing this thread