Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 12 Ch. 54 - A Prelude to Catastrophe

Aggregator gang
So, what's currently the best source to catch up with the novel.
One that wouldn't involve machine translation would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t dare to read what’s going to happen in the next few chapters! Nooooooooooo’

Fed-Kun's army
@CrazyYanmega right? It's so predictable now. If there is a church in an isekai, it WILL be evil. I'd like to see an example where that's not the case.

Is it not because churches are evil anyway ? Submit to me or you will burn in hell . Remind you of something ?

Fed-Kun's army
jus ad bellum my ass. They're just making excuses for starting a war!
Looking forward to the next chapter anyways.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, it's a rather recent thing for the church irl to become something that aint evil, if you're looking at the history of our world.
Not that strange that churches in fictional medieval settings and such reflect that sinister past.

On that matter, finding a religion that wasn't clearly evil back then is no small task.

Fed-Kun's army
@goshinj Depends on which church you're talking about. Islam and Satanists certainly have variations of that theme, as do some Protestant factions. Buddhists, Jews, and Orthodox/Catholics do not believe that, and aside from assorted heresies/corruptions over the centuries they never have. Not sure about Hindus.

Did you actually pay attention in your history classes, or did you sleep through them and everything you know comes from getting your rocks off to nonsense like TFS Hellsing?
--------------------------------------------------
On a similar note, one of the things I find both hilarious and macabre about religious history is that, whenever religions held service to their deity/concept of choice as their highest priority, they are far more often than not a boon to human history. In particular, their greatest failures come about when they subordinate themselves (or fall prey) to secular powers. Christian monks and nuns preserving the knowledge of the Romans and using it to further develop great advances in science and music, only to have much of it destroyed by Viking raids and bush wars between kings. The teachings of Buddha spreading to China and Japan, and being directly responsible for some of their most remarkable eras of peace. The First Crusade being wildly successful in pushing back the Islamic invaders and establishing the Crusader Kingdoms, with other subsequent crusades being destroyed primarily by infighting and political power plays.

Religion and government tend to work best when they address the things that the other does not handle well. If this latest chapter is any indication, the next arc is going to be a fine example of the failures brought about by a church subordinating itself to secular authorities.

So either we're going to have a one-sided beatdown or something will change her mind. Maybe both. Who knows.

@ninjadork

Just how fucking stupid are you? You call others uneducated yet you yourself are spewing such bs that even the bull is offended.

People who believe might not be evil, but the church certainly is. They have billions, yet people are starving, they have a plethora of rooms, yet there's so many homeless, they have numerous treasures of wisdom, yet all hidden from the general population so they hold all the power, last but not least, they aid and do child rape and murder and protect the ones who do it.

The church is evil, so are you with your bs, but you are to stupid to see it yourself. At least the church knows that it's evil, so at the very least they get my respect for that. You on the other hand, are worth less than fertiliser.

Users who are viewing this thread