Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 14 Ch. 66 - Merciless

Just imagine the enemy were ants and you who will use a magnifying glass to burn them with the power of the sun.

Praise the sun.

Supporter
@Sancturil It depends on the changes made but usually I prefer to read the WN over the LN myself. The WN is basically the story as the author originally wrote it though it my not have the most polish. I always look back at Shield Hero as an example of where, for me at least, the story seems to be radically different to the point where I really have no interest in reading it.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm still kind of annoyed with what happened with the last chapter but its back to the previous level of quality now which is nice. Not sure what was going on with creative decisions in the last chapter. Whether it just got confused due to being filtered through two different versions of this event (LN and WN) or they for real just didn't bother trying to be faithful to the source.

Edit: The beginning of this chapter is like remembering a fever dream though lul

Fed-Kun's army
@Blip In this case (for Slime), the LN is mostly the author fixing plot holes, adding things so that things make more sense and feel like a more credible world, etc. However, the further you go, with more and more things corrected and/or modified and/or polished, then obviously things are going to be more and more different. Here is however not a case like that of Shield Hero where things became radically different. Instead, the main storyline is still about the same, but there are still major differences around, which is a natural outcome.
I personally really like the web novel, but the light novel is honestly better overall in the volumes of it that I've read. The only exception I'd put on that statement are for the first two volumes, which are honestly pretty much the same as the web novel. However, for those the manga made some small changes that I believe made the story and character arcs better when talking about the arcs in volumes 1-2.

For volume 5, an arc that I love in the WN, the LN version honestly felt more complete to me. For volume 6, it felt like the new elements that happened in it should've been there in the WN, and I'm no longer able to look at the
Walpurgis
arc of the WN the same way anymore, it now feels to me as though it's missing something that should be there.
For volume 7, I feel similarly as with volume 6, and the LN version also added a LOT of much needed characterization for
Hinata and Ruminas/Luminas(depending on the translation)
, and I now really like them as characters.
For volume 8, it's quite similar to how that part of the
Tournament and Founding Festival
arc was in the WN, but this volume in particular is
only about the preparation for the festival and for the diplomatic relations of Tempest with other countries and with the Tengu and other monsters of the forest. The Tengu are also much more developed as a society and as characters, and I like them now while I didn't like them at all in the WN
Also, here's some spoiler about a major aspect of the story that is different in the LN version:
Do note that there the way the time loop and the Hero works with it are also changed in the LN. She's not freed before the festival, but instead after, in volume 11. The summoned children (including kid Chloe) are present during the festival in Tempest. Moreover, Yuuki's role in all of that is also different.

Edit:
Here's an example of something added in the LN version of the arc after this one(so in vol 6):
Rimuru's subordinates and the beastmen waging war on Clayman's forces and conquering his territory while Clayman is busy in the Walpurgis banquet.
Here's another example, this time for volume 7:
The civil war in Farmas (the kingdom that's invading Tempest in this current arc) is actually shown in LN vol 7(with Diablo in charge of making sure it goes as planned) while it only had a small summary with a "a story for another time" kind of vibe in the web novel.

Fed-Kun's army
@maisonaustyn In the previous chapter, the only different from the LN was that Rimuru arrived at the Army camp instead of when they were marching. However, the main difference is more so that the novel has a day pass by between the moment Razen (in Shogo's body) rejoins the place where the king is (at that time the troops weren't marching) and the moment when Rimuru attacks. In the novel, Rimuru shows up right away instead of during the next day while the troops are marching. That's a very small difference.

when you knew to the back story, the cover13 is extremely depressing manga cover i ever seen

Double-page supporter
wasted pages on this spearhead and mage guy. could be interesting if the spearhead guy wasn't quite dead and got survivor from the mage guy and left afterwards.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like that magician guy died too easily to actually be dead? Like we'll maybe still see him later. I might be wrong, though.

Fed-Kun's army
@Varler
He's alive because of that 'Survivor" skill he got when he took Shogo's body. He eventually tries to escape with the King and ends up getting captured/

Fed-Kun's army
@nono177013 This manga chapter is within Light Novel volume 5 chapter.
You should go check the light novel version rather than the web novel one. From this point onward there are quite a lot of differences, and the LN version is better.
For info on how to find the PDFs of the novels online for free, check this earlier comment of mine: https://mangadex.org/thread/199520/5/#post_1460667
For info on changes from the changes from the web novel to the light novel, you can check this other earlier comment of mine (though be wary of spoilers if you don't to be spoiled): https://mangadex.org/thread/199520/6/#post_1460723

Also, the manga follows the light novel, not the web novel.

Fed-Kun's army
in all honesty, both the WN and LN are good reads despite the fact that they greatly differ staring from vol 3. WN goes more shotgun like: "i want to do this so we will go and do it", while the LN is more: "lets look more at our options and spread out our duties"

In general im enjoying the LN/Manga route as its just so different.

Users who are viewing this thread