Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 16 Ch. 72 - Swirling Conspiracy

If I were to say something, these demons lords is quite weak... Aren't Veldora's aura should've reached them since he is SAID to be much powerful? Yet, they didn't even notice. Or am I missing the part where they ignore it?

Ok, so i gathered mainly 3 things from this chapter.
1. the "king" abilities (Covenant king Uriel and Knowledge king Raphael) are the ultimate forms of a given type of ability, with Raphael being great sage and all the other knowledge giving skills and uriel being... something else, and while it makes sense, who's organizing what categories have "king" skills? raphael? is there some sort of tower of god system here? or is it just based on the general feels of the D&D schools of magic (Raphael is divination and Uriel might be adjuration)? also if this prediction is correct, veldoras skill might be categorized under evocation and might just get compiled into that fields "king" skill, which would be funny, though i don't know if kings of kings would work.
2. Either laplace is racist and the church is not, he has a bad understanding of what would be considered defiling a sacred space, or the church doesn't give a fuck about being sacred and stuff. also, if this world has a god, then why do all the system message stuff seem like that of a computer game? did god code a skill system? or is this world in a game?
3. Clayman is more of a(n) -insert derogatory term here- than i thought, he relies on others to do everything for him, and he can't do shit by himself, making him even more of a weakling than a self-proclaimed demon lord should be if he wants to stay not dead.

Dex-chan lover
@Cacklea Frey kinda use bracelet from Clayman on milim when milim show off her new gauntlet
thought it actually just ploy and milim actually not brainwashed at all since she have Ultimate skill so she will not affected by any form of skill lower than ultimate

@TimeVolt

1. The "king" abilities (or lord, depending on translation) are not based on DnD, i can safely say that. Most of the ones we see are based on virtues/angels and the 7 sins. Their abilities are related to that aswell mostly.

2. A vampire being in a holy place is highly unusual. So yes i would say that the church does not give a fuck. It will be expanded on later. I wont say anything about the god thing since that will get explained later.

3. Yeah Clayman is an asshole.

@LTVisha No, not based on DnD, just loosely correlated, if you look at the three king skills we've seen (or four if you count Beezlbuth, but his skill name is formatted differently, so i won't be counting it here), Raphael, which includes mostly informational skills, can be roughly translated to the core idea of the Divination school of magic in DnD, and Uriel (for the most part) has skills based on rules, and defensive abilities, kind of like the Abjuration school, and finally, Veldora, his skill seems to be just related to everything Veldora the character, basically allowing Rimuru to be able to do whatever the fuck he wants with the body, mind, and magic of Veldora the dragon, and while it is definitely not perfect, some stretching allows it to fit into one aspect of the Evocation school, the manipulation of elements, in this case, Lightning(or something similar to it). And while yes, the king skills all do seem to have somewhat biblical names, they do not have to be just based on the 7 virtues and sins, they could be inspired by the schools of magic from DnD, though Veldora's is stretching it a bit, and if Beezledude's skill is in the same category as these ones, then my analogy quickly falls apart.

Double-page supporter
Just to avoid confusion (And for those who haven't seen their appearances)
That guy who was fighting Laplace (Clayman's thin clownman), is Roy Valentine and not Leon/Leom Crowel. The main difference between those two are their personalities & appearances with Roy having that odd "Plus" sign on his forehead. And I'm pretty sure he was defending Ruberius/Roberios/etc

Uriel whaddare you doin with Rimuru?

Also: Veldora and Rimuru's surprised faces when they find the mess outside xD

Double-page supporter
Something about the faces Veldora makes in this chapter are really great and I love them all

Aggregator gang
Pff, as usual, there's always a non-human working for humans, vampire priests, demon-possessed clerics, satanist bishops, there's always the trope of using 'evil' power to beat 'evil'.

@StarGasm
False!
The church is made up of vampires with a vampire as the god. They just hide it well and use the people for blood, but they do provide protection and such bla bla bla

How many named angels and demons is this man gonna get before a god steps in out of fear

Users who are viewing this thread