Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Demon of the Flame

Leon Cromwell not Greenwell. The raw says レオン.クロムウェル. This isn't the only mistake. They're small, but constant; and inconsistent.
This is the first time I've felt compelled to check the translation against the raws when re-reading a series.

The bombing of Tokyo happened 40 years before the game Dragon Quest was released, so that's an inconsistency here. Shizu knew about the "I'm not a bad slime" line that came from a game (Dragon Quest) but she was summoned during the Tokyo Bombing incident.

Shizue says that she heard about Dragon Quest from one of her students, who is also an otherworlder (and an otaku). He shows up much later. He's also the reason she knows it's called 'The Bombing of Tokyo', as he tells her about his history lessons.

The things I'm talking about are all translator errors, like:

[ul]Orc army size getting reported as 200,000 and 20,000 (it's 20万 in the raw, so 200,000 is correct)
The same dryad gets her name translated as Layato, Tryney and Trainee. Raw says トレイニー (Trainee) so where the hell did Layato come from?
Other smaller slip-ups like Souei getting called Shion once and Rimuru getting misspelt occasionally (just sleepy when typesetting/proofreading?)[/ul]

I've looked high and low but can't find an answer- who was Leon trying to summon when he summoned Shizu?
The only thing I can think of is that maybe he somehow knew the future and was aiming for Rimuru, but got Shizu instead (who Rimuru would eventually have the appearance of)?

@Perim I felt the urge to re-read this series too and I’m happy to see I’m not the only one bothered by all these mistakes and inconsistencies

Fed-Kun's army
hahah i had a bad feeling... and sure enough, something happened. i hope they're able to help her, but that would be too easy... welp, i'll read on!!! ALSO ASDLKJSDJLK HIS TV ADLKJDSJLK

thank you for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread