Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 9 Ch. 41 - King Gazelle's Invitation (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
This Shion. ?

@Narehate
But traps are really gay(if there is an elephant)! See the avatar of Nightwave? That does make Rimuru look more like a genderless trap...

Supporter
@kronix There are three main reasons:
First, the series is catered to a male audience and a female lead is usually more attractive for that if you are not trying to pull a "superhero" type of character.
Second, it's easier to make a female character more attractive to both men and women at the same time. A good and intresting male character for a male audience (say, Guts from Berserk) will not attract as many females. A good male character for a female audience (say, Sakamoto from Sakamoto) will not attract as many males.
And lastly, it's damn explained by the characters themselves: in memory of Shizue he keeps using her body. While he can change it slightly to look more like a male (remember he is not a male, he is genderless as a slime), he keeps it as close as possible to the original.

Dex-chan lover
It's funny how the dwarf smith said "I love my wife, I love my wife..." sometimes. ? (the moments he saw Rimuru in the girly form)

before I forget it: no homo! (now I'm safe)

Supporter
@Zirconium_Corporation About that ... I see it more as a mandatory deus ex machina. I mean: the fact that he has to be a slime with devourer, sage, and whatnot; the meeting with Verudora, etc, are all needed for the setting, and so shoud be not considered active part of the plot. In fact, there is little to no recurrence on the isekai topic. The series could have been a fantasy world high fantasy setup (like the one in Maoyuu Maou Yuusha) instead of an isekai and almost nothing would have changed (except for the fact that Shizue is also from the Earth). I mean, he is not even a womanizer now that he has the chance to be one.

@kronix
Rimuru looks like that because It absorbed Shizu's body as she was dying, and It's human form is androgynous and genderless, so It's is neither male nor female. The author isn't trying to make Rimuru "look like a girl" by making It resemble Shizu's appearance, he is just being consistent with his story .
And from what I have seen from your comments so far, the only one that is gross is you. :|

@kronix
When you said It is not the point, and I wasn't being mean, I was just being honest. :u
... And I'm done feeding a troll, so lets just stop. :3

Dex-chan lover
@kur0g4m1 since the people i love trolling prob wont be looking at these comments i will let you in a little secret... most of what i comment (if it involves sex or something) and beta MCs or w.e. I am trolling. I do leave a few real comments every once in a while but dont tell jak ;)

Supporter
Wonder how much Shion had to drink. I'm pretty sure Oni are heavyweights when it comes to booze.

Dex-chan lover
@Carcer well, being a lightweight drinker as an oni would have its own charm though since as you said, usually they can really put it away.

Double-page supporter
The other Oni learned their lessons after being beaten by Millin, they don't seem to reckless start fights without orders and listen first. On the other hand Shion has no signs of changing, she needs some serious training to keep following Rimuru but he justs let her do as she pleases.

Dex-chan lover
The pacing in the manga is quite comfy, I like it way better than the WN.

Users who are viewing this thread