Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

@airmobius
what do you mean by "the WN (Web Novel) has more chapters than the LN (Light Novel)?
the web novel is not finished yet, but the Light novel IS finished.
What this means is that you have it backwards.

@minecraftRPG12 that's why i said the problem isn't the blandness of the characters, but the way it dragged out using pretty words. in the light novel the characters are just as bland as the manga, it's just they're pictured in pretty words. you get what i meant? in manga they're drawn, mean the drawing itself could express some emotion that are not conveyed through words alone. so the problem is definitely not came from whether its executed using manga or novel format.

@minecraftRPG12 you said the LN has more backstory. Just as I said the WN isn't much different from the LN. The WN has more chapters than the LN, so it should have more detail than the LN.

@airmobius
From what you're saying, it sounds like you don't know the difference between a webnovel and a light novel (LN)
Here's the difference:

a webnovel is kind of like an online version of a manga but drawn in a slightly (sometimes vastly) different style (webnovels are sometimes called by other names. Also, what people upload on mangadex are by definition, technically just unofficial webnovels)

a LN (Light Novel) is more like a chapter book version of a manga/webnovel (mostly words with a very little amount of pictures to no pictures at all)

Oh, also the official LN has been completed but the official webnovel is nowhere even close to being finished and is very behind, while it may seem that there are more chapters in the Webnovel, its just that 1 chapter of the LN is equivalent to around 5-15 chapters of the Webnovel (possibly more).

@minecraftRPG12 i'm sorry what?
a webnovel is a novel (i.e. actual novels (books) with chapters and sentences, little to no pictures, much like how you described LNs) posted in the web and in the web only.
your definition of webnovels seems to just be manga and manhuas.
and a light novel, quoting wikipedia, is "A style of Japanese young adult novel primarily targeting high school and middle school students."
Tensura started as a webnovel (which is indeed completed), then rewritten into a (much better story-wise and uncompleted) light novel, then got a manga adaptation.
hope this clears the misunderstandings.

@minecraftRPG12 bro are you retarded? a web novel is a novel posted to the web. its in the fucking name. What you are talking about is a manga, a comic book.

Most web novels have little to no art and usually any art is lifted from the light novel to serve as reference in the web novel. I do not know where you got that information from but don't spread that shit, others might believe you. Learn to google.

Don't @ me.

@Thalion-Raw
@airmobius

I did look it up after posting my comment and I found out that I was indeed confused about webnovels and wrong about the webnovel not being finished (my memory has been getting a little mixed up lately so its to be expected.)

but with that being said, I WAS correct about the official Lightnovel being finished (it was finished/completed in august of last year to be exact).

(Also, I meant to fix that comment but I got sidetracked)

Dex-chan lover
When this gets licenced and licence trolled, then a lot of Mangadex users will lose their heads!

Wow, just wow
this is the first time I've been so invested in a manga series. I really enjoy the world building, characters, story, and everything about it. I really like how the story Displays
Rimuru's (main character) development from being a normal part of society to becoming the leader of a nation
. I like the development of
tempest, from a makeshift village to becoming a prosperous nation and how they need to face problems caused by other people and/or other nations
. I also enjoy the aspect of how the monsters (that were feared because they were seen as savage and untrustworthy species) being more kind and humane than some of the ACTUAL humans themselves,
especially those Farmus bastards
. This is a great manga series for people that likes, well..... the isekai genre in general, and if you're not a fan of isekai at all, I would still highly recommend it, although you probably already saw how popular it is just by looking at the homepage, it really is a wonderful and amazing manga about how one slime begins a new era at this other world.

also, for those who already read this manga, do you guys feel a sort of dragon quest vibe from this manga, or is it just me?

I'm also very thankful to the people that made and translated this manga, Keep up the good work!😀

Users who are viewing this thread