Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

@Nighthawlc
@Sancturil
well, according to this final volume of the light novel currently on my bookshelf next to me and according to the author of the LN, it HAS already been completed. I don't know if the online version has been completely uploaded/released to the public but I do know for a fact that the physical copies have since I own 2 copies of every volume (one in english and one in japanese for each volume) (except for the final volume because the translated version hasn't came out yet so I only have the japanese version for now which came out last year).

look it up and you'll see that you can buy the physical copy of the final volume clearly labeled "final volume" (in japanese)

Fed-Kun's army
@minecraftRPG12
Volume 18 of the light novel has been announced to be released on March 31, 2021.
Volume 17 came out on September 30, 2020 and doesn't have an English translation yet.
Volume 16 came out on March 27, 2020 and also doesn't have an English translation yet.
Volume 15 came out on September 28, 2019 and also doesn't have an English translation yet.
Volume 14 came out on March 29, 2019 and also doesn't have an English translation yet.
Volume 13.5 came out on January 30, 2019 and also doesn't have an official English translation yet.
Volume 13 came out on September 28, 2018 and also doesn't have an official English translation yet.
Volume 12 came out on March 9, 2018 and also doesn't have an official English translation yet.
Volume 11 came out on December 8, 2017 and the official English translation isn't out yet, but it will be released on June 22, 2021.
Volume 10 came out on April 7, 2017 and the official English translation very recently came out (on January 19, 2021).
Volume 9 came out on November 30, 2016 and the official English translation came out on November 3, 2020.

Also, while the web novel is complete, the light novel hasn't even gotten to the last arc yet. It is currently in a LN-only arc between the second to last and the last arcs of the WN.

In other words, you are wrong on many different levels here, from the plot progressions status to getting the dates wrong, etc.

There are fan translations for the Light Novel, but after Volume, you are forced to read A DeepL translate. However, the DeepL is quite readable and someone edited it as well.

Im at volume 10 in ln and since after volume 11 even fan translation are not there yet, should I read the web novel or is the light novel and we novel completely different

lets get the confusion out of the way
this manga is based on the LN (Light Novel) which is the more fleshed out version of the WN(Web Novel) with filled plotholes and better character introduction. The LN is a book type story with 17 books/volumes released as of now and volume 18 will release in march.
it is officially translated by yen press and first 9 volumes are translated and volume 10,11 are fan translated on tensurafan.blog website.

The Web Novel is the first version of the story which started on 20th feb ,2013 and is since been completed as of 1st jan,2016.
It is a chapter based story with around 400 chapters. the web novel did not have some characters that are in LN and Manga , such as karrion's three beastmen. the story had many loopholes . and characters were unbelievabely broken. the WN did not introduce apito, zegion
adalman, nine head, albert
till much later on when the action start in
Empire War Arc

the manga and anime are following the LN. and if somebody wants proof i have all volumes of LN including official translation and fan translation till volume 16. the web novel all chapters, all released manga chapters till 78. all anime episode till season 2 episode 3.

@minecraftRPG12 That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime To Enter Final Arc In Vol. 18. Writer Fuse and artist Mitz Vah's light novel That Time I Got Reincarnated As Slime, will be entering its final arc in the 18th volume of the series. Fuse is considering writing spin off stories of the same universe once the series is completed.

@Rudra14

100% correct - finally! After the level of misinformation I read in these comments ... seriously...

Has the skill of looking up stuff on your own really degraded this much? :D

Anyway - Thank you for providing actual facts here. You saved me from ranting at folks for being silly

Users who are viewing this thread