Tensei Shite Inaka de Slowlife wo Okuritai - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
If you have to, upscale the raws; even if there's some quality loss in the image, it'll still increased readability, as long as you don't completely blow out the image.

I'd say a 50% increase of the raws' size would be beneficial.

Dex-chan lover
I agree that mangadex displays a the images a bit small, and that the font-size could be raised a bit, but I didnt have any issues with the actual font. Much better than those mangas that has - shudders - cursive fonts.

please do not use comic sans, there are similar but way better fonts used by most comics in the packs recommended by other users, but comic sans is an aberration used by old people on social media and 9 yearold web designers and is widely known to be a noob only font.

I don’t like this MC. He’s lame so far. A “slow life” isekai needs to be chill and relaxing, this MC is just too weird. Thanks for the scans anyway!

Dex-chan lover
the mc is so uninteresting... its like the author trying way too hard to making him so lame

Double-page supporter
There's certainly a lot of hate for comic sans, but I do think it would be more readable than what's been used up until now. My eyes were straining and kind of hurting reading the stuff before, so although there may be fonts that are even better, I feel like comic sans would still be a step up relative to what we have at the moment.

Double-page supporter
@GodGinrai

It is also small, but my eyes are straining even with the image zoomed in in browser to a normal size. I'm guessing it's because there's little differentiating characters such as lowercase F and T. (I'm guessing the raws themselves weren't very high quality, so the entire thing is low res as a result.)

Double-page supporter
@redpandamaniacal Fonts in an image is different from fonts in a browser. They are stored as pixels in an image, so zooming them in just upscales them badly. Had the font initially been at the size you zoomed it to, it would be easier to read than it is zoomed to that size.

I'm not trying to say this font is a good choice, but merely pointing out that the low resolution is the main offender here.

Dex-chan lover
I was really hoping for the other group to have continued the translation...

Users who are viewing this thread