Tensei Shite Inaka de Slowlife wo Okuritai - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - Pure

Aggregator gang
@SoloSera ever heard of world building if your creating a world and stuff you need to create customs and tradition thas pretty comment in written media, even in western novel there are instant of this defending on the world building aspect.

Group Leader
@Hell_Satan
coz nowadays, people can easily live through 40-50 even 80. so they can take their time to build a family and pass their bloodline.
while back then, you could die young because of many things. disease without cure (yet), poverty, war, etc.
honestly, common sense is just a convenient excuse to forget why those become common sense in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
>Love at first side
Now I'm imagining that she fell in love because the guy gave her a delicious fries with homemade seasoning mixture that activated her heart to go doki-doki

I think I may be on the minority of minoritiest if theres such a word, but I kinda like Al and his sister interactions. Adorable and funny. Like how the sister can guess or read where Al justby his steps 😆

Aggregator gang
Considering our mc's mental age is over 30 years, he sure says pretty stupid shit sometimes. The kind of things you wouldn't expect an adult to say to other people regardless of their age (like how he commented his sister not being feminine).
Shit like that is just uncalled-for.

I (pretty much) always get the idea that these authors have their "adult mind in child's body" -mc's behave how it suits the situation/plot the best at that moment.
There's hardly ever consistency with how they act and think regarding their supposed mental age.

Supporter
@Joonhas His mental age is over 30, but his body is only 6. Not only is a child's mind different than an adult's (in terms of brain chemistry, hormones, etc.), but he's also treated like a child by everyone around him. Both of which would have a psychological effect, likely making him act more child-like.

His sister is a criminal, plain and simple, well same with most women in the story really.

The sister is still the most overly fucking annoying character here, there is nothing about her that is redeeming except for her skill to be an event trigger for the mc

Dex-chan lover
The comedy tag getting abused, just like the younger brother by the shitty sister. Unfortunately, there isn't a tragedy tag so we could be rid of her.

Dex-chan lover
@Kevadu, they do use magic in everyday life, one guy said he could use water magic to fill a singular bucket once a day.
Re: magic for everyday life...

In the same panel, the other villager stated that he can use his magic to light a fire 3 times a day.

My guess is that using magic for everyday life isnt convenient enough if you dont have the mana capacity. And most villagers dont train their capacity because

1) they have to do physical labor all day (which would be hell if you gotta do it while drowsy from empty mana), or...
2) they dont know using up your mana reserves woukd expand its capacity (which tbh is the less likely answer)

Dex-chan lover
A little perturbed by certain comments defending non-diegetic issues using diegetic solutions. Was it normal for people to do awful shit like marrying children? Perhaps. Did the author need to include it or improve the story by including it? Not at all. Nobody would complain about historical accuracy(I hope!!!) because of its absence. Including such a thing without a thorough examination of the practice is kind of gross. 😬

Also, the notion that "girl power" is the power to pamper guys makes me want to torment that little goblin. 😈

Oh right, nearly forgot about the silliness of people not using magic for use in their daily life. That seems relatively minor compared to my other concerns, though.
First she is not a child, she is 16 thus a teenager.
Second pretty sure 15 would be considered adult in the story's setting.
Third she was the one insisting in the marriage and not the guy.

Pretty much all the problems you pointed are on you and not the story.

Dex-chan lover
Considering our mc's mental age is over 30 years, he sure says pretty stupid shit sometimes. The kind of things you wouldn't expect an adult to say to other people regardless of their age (like how he commented his sister not being feminine).
Shit like that is just uncalled-for.

I (pretty much) always get the idea that these authors have their "adult mind in child's body" -mc's behave how it suits the situation/plot the best at that moment.
There's hardly ever consistency with how they act and think regarding their supposed mental age.
Well realistically the body would influence the mind as much as the mind influence behaviour so his "stupid remarks" are pretty spot on for an adult that don't have the brain fully developed and can't control impulses well because of that.
If Alfonse didn't had the mind of a 30 yo he would not be able to made such remarks for lack of experience/knwoledge for example.

At least it's sort of acknowledged that the ped...sorry, "lolicon" is a fucking criminal!

Users who are viewing this thread