Tensei Shite Inaka de Slowlife wo Okuritai - Vol. 5 Ch. 29 - The Last Day of the Harvest Festival

Dex-chan lover
>My son doesn't want to be an Adventurer or a Knight so I'll keep having him get beat up under the guise of training
It's really fucked up the other Noble was the one that noticed and addressed the inherent issues in his swordplay though.

Thanks for the update. Ah~ the isekai series with one of the worst "good-natured family" (I'm surprised I managed to type that. Like, can that kind of family exist IRL?).

@ShionVaynex to be fair, it is hinted the brother has potential as a genius strategist/tactician (he's literally the smartest in the family and the only person MC couldn't beat in Reversi so far)

Dex-chan lover
This is probably the first chapter that didn't have outright explicit child abuse. Wow. Hard to believe.

...it was somewhat implicit tho

Dex-chan lover
The kid can do crap with magic that no one can do and instead of family that supports that, they beat the crap out of kid in nearly every chapter until he favors swordplay over magic.

Worse, the kid is a masochist.
The kid has to be cause otherwise it wouldn't make any sense why he isn't using magic to boost himself during the sword fights/training.

@joel7686 You're joking, right? I mean an educational slap could be up for discussion but here they're beating up a small child for no good reason, if I remember correctly his father even gave him a concussion once...
That's not something where you can form your own meaning, child abuse is clear term with a proper definition. Physical maltreatment towards a child falls under that definition, it doesn't matter if he gets broken bones or burns from it, it's still child abuse.

You know that the joke is that the protagonist exaggerates a lot and most of the times pretends to be much more hurt that he actually is, that's the running gag on this manga, the second running gag is that the comments are full of child abuse cry babies, some other characters suffer a million times more that this one, they get scars, some even miss limbs and on some cases at a younger age that this protagonist, Dororo for reference.
With this protagonist he gets hit a few times with a wood sword, probably soft and not a proper training sword, sometimes someone pinch him or hug him too hard, or just squish him, what is always exaggerated by the protagonist... that is not child abuse, the mc lives on a loving family, a complete peaceful and wholesome life, even on the title, its Slowlife.

I know its a joke and no normal rational human would think that its child abuse, we all can laugh about it or you can keep hammering the joke @Chibi-Angi

@joel7686 Ah, with "if there is no broken bones or burns, its not child abuse to me" I thought you meant child abuse in general, I know that it's just a running gag here and often just exaggerated, even thought there are parts where it's a bit too much, like when his father knocked him out and gave him a concussion and felt no remorse afterwards... but at the end of the day it's just a manga

So y'all just gonna make petty bickering and ignore the fact its been like half a year since the last update?

@LongTruong dunno and don't care about the child abuse thing but i'm just gonna copy paste the same comment i did a year ago on chapter 17 cause i think it's still holds to what i think the problem is with this manga "
The thing is stopping to be funny instead now its damn frustrating he just gets punched robbed poisoned while the girls eat his delicious food tri betrays him like fucking everytime and his sister mother and maids torturing him now im sure he didnt get reincarnated he is just in hell a very bad hell" and thats i'm not angry about child abuse i'm angry at the protagonist being bullied by literally everyone in the series and him not doing anything about it with the excuse of being lazy like wtf look at all the Bad shit that they did to him it could perfectly pass as a resume of a Revenge series where they protagonist goes back in time and kills his bullies or something like that.

Corporal punishment. Beating up children. Hilarious. I really hope the author spends another six chapters to demonstrate more of the protagonist's emasculation. Slow life mangas are fun.

Dex-chan lover
I'm so glad to see this again.

Of course, the comment section is still filled with people who comment about the "child abuse" but won't drop this manga...

Its baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack aahhhh no annoying maid this time, thank you author. OOOOOO sweet time with kawai older brother!!!! Love it <3

Users who are viewing this thread