Tensei Youjo wa Akiramenai - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Fed-Kun's army
That Maid got what she deserved, also don't tell me Lei will grow up with that hunter group until teen before able to return to her family!!??

The WN had some really disturbing implications about hollows.
But seeing them drawn is all kinds of creepy.

Minor
It's implied they more or less eat your soul. And they take the form of the last person they've snacked on.
Middling
Oh, and magic of course... remember how the MC explained there was an "other themselves" being drained inside the magic stone? Yep, you recharge those with your soul too.
Major
And the magic stone thing is really ... eh... The more people an hollow kills (and the more souls it eats), the bigger the magic stone inside them gets. So you more or less have an entire kingdom built on the violent deaths of countless people in portable jewel format. And the five ruling families giving the cristallized dead people a parvence of undeath by recharging their remains with their own life force.
Poe and Lovecraft would have approved

Oh, it's also a cutesy story that's likely aimed at a Josei demographic.
No romance but there's a lot of cute toddler doing cute things...
...On a background of political backstabbing and cosmic horror.

Double-page supporter
There is something that disturbs me: clearly this level of organization means that there is a deeply rooted crime syndacate operating. Considering that the syndacate was already targetting nobles, why the kingdom didn't try to crack down them (Increasing security, patrolling the border, etcetc.)? Also the house without any security? Serious?

yall the maid was a child in a bad situation, also she lives in a HIGHLY feudalistic society, who does she speak to? who does she get help from? they dont have those systems in place

she was a desperate child without anyone she could turn to, and that desperation was preyed upon

Alistair must probably be an illegitimate kid. Also poor fam. They lost their mom and now its the baby

I’m confused as to why they can’t just take her back...she can clearly speak just fine and her words are basically good enough proof that they aren’t bad people. Why go such a round about way of making things even more complicated? I guess they needed a reason for her and that boy to meet but it’s kind of disappointing.

Also, poor dragon and maid...I didn’t want them to die :’(

Contributor
@mintcinno Violet eyes are a sign of nobility in the Kingdom, and if Commoners are found with a Noble child in tow the first and immediate response is "they're kidnappers" and they would normally be executed on the spot.

Fed-Kun's army
Man, poor Hannah. She went out taking responsibility for her mistake by giving up her life to protect the MC. What a sad end for her and the rug dragon.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@llde
There is something that disturbs me: clearly this level of organization means that there is a deeply rooted crime syndacate operating. Considering that the syndacate was already targetting nobles, why the kingdom didn't try to crack down them (Increasing security, patrolling the border, etcetc.)? Also the house without any security? Serious?

I won't speak for security-less house but...
This isn't a deeply rooted crime syndicate that had been targetting nobles but foreign intervention targetting very specific nobles.

Users who are viewing this thread