The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Ch. 172 - The Slender Lady—Pigtails—Pajamas Combo Chapter

Dex-chan lover
A manga that requires both great amounts of planning and knowledge on the author's part and a great amount of memory and reading comprehension on the reader's part.

If I had to name an example off the fly, it would probably be the later parts of Hunter x Hunter. Honestly, this goes for any piece of literature and not just manga.

And of course, this doesn't take away from authors who write other genres. But the fact is, "difficult entertainment" isn't always mainstream. Pop music, romcoms, match-3 games, the 'don't think' genres you know the drill. Another way to be smart is to cater to what's popular and find something unique to stand out. Nothing wrong with not making difficult stuff, but it's harder to make money off of something difficult and high effort when most people work 24/7 and just want to turn their brains off...including the writer.
Essentially NisiOisiN works right?

Also to add on, there's a reason why Isekai, sol and cgdct are some genres that are aplenty.

NIB

Fed-Kun's army
A manga that requires both great amounts of planning and knowledge on the author's part and a great amount of memory and reading comprehension on the reader's part.

If I had to name an example off the fly, it would probably be the later parts of Hunter x Hunter. Honestly, this goes for any piece of literature and not just manga.

And of course, this doesn't take away from authors who write other genres. But the fact is, "difficult entertainment" isn't always mainstream. Pop music, romcoms, match-3 games, the 'don't think' genres you know the drill. Another way to be smart is to cater to what's popular and find something unique to stand out. Nothing wrong with not making difficult stuff, but it's harder to make money off of something difficult and high effort when most people work 24/7 and just want to turn their brains off...including the writer.
I don't think HxH is a good example after Togashi did in the chimera ants arc, also, sometimes Togashi does a narrative that's actually confusing, the ones that think that "wow, that's deep" are just a bunch of deluded guys, and I don't need a author needs to write a bible to shows that he's writing a "difficult manga", see Eat-Man and Desert Punk for example, a simple setup that's easy to understand, but with a complex storyline, or in the case of Karakuri Circus and Steel Ball Run, when sometimes the story is hard to follow, it's still enjoyable, and you don't need a 200 IQ to understand it. In my personal opinion, that's what I consider as a "difficult manga", but honestly I don't understand what Kurumi, or the both authors, trying to implying here.

I know that "difficult entertainment" is not for everyone (because of how confusing it can be for people who are not used to "something new", or how complex it can be, or money issues), but the way Ahko and Kurumi said this is ambiguous.

Group Leader
I don't think HxH is a good example after Togashi did in the chimera ants arc, also, sometimes Togashi does a narrative that's actually confusing, the ones that think that "wow, that's deep" are just a bunch of deluded guys, and I don't need a author needs to write a bible to shows that he's writing a "difficult manga", see Eat-Man and Desert Punk for example, a simple setup that's easy to understand, but with a complex storyline, or in the case of Karakuri Circus and Steel Ball Run, when sometimes the story is hard to follow, it's still enjoyable, and you don't need a 200 IQ to understand it. In my personal opinion, that's what I consider as a "difficult manga", but honestly I don't understand what Kurumi, or the both authors, trying to implying here.

I know that "difficult entertainment" is not for everyone (because of how confusing it can be for people who are not used to "something new", or how complex it can be, or money issues), but the way Ahko and Kurumi said this is ambiguous.
You're overthinking it. Ahko is saying she likes 100 Girlfriends because it's not a difficult manga, and in response, Kurumi says "You'd have to be smart to write a difficult manga." Meaning, because 100 Girlfriends isn't difficult, its writer must not be smart. There are certainly deeper implications about the nature of media and the barrier of entry any given work may have, but the exchange just boils down to another meta-joke at the author's expense.

Dex-chan lover
That self-roast must have hurt.

image.png
Absolute respect though if they actually manage to reach the titular 100 girlfriends, even if (sorry to say) some of them are already kinda meh.

Fed-Kun's army
Nah last chapter was definitely great, but this chapter absolutely clears. All the best girls are in this chapter :win:

Dex-chan lover
Ahko's comment implies that 100 Girlfriends is in fact a manga in their own universe. So either Rentaro's adventures exist in their world in manga form or their universe's 100 GFs focuses on a completely different character with 100 Girlfriends

Also we got a 🅱oneless Rentaro here

She mentioned the Genocide Route, and given this is Iku I think that's what she had in mind.

Which means that Iku is the first manga character to have canonically fought Sans
She probably likes challenging games, and I won't be surprised if she turns out to be a hardcore soulsborne fans

Contributor
She probably likes challenging games, and I won't be surprised if she turns out to be a hardcore soulsborne fans
Eagerly waiting for the Let's Play where Iku marathons I Wanna Be The Guy, Super Meat Boy, and Dwarf Fortress

Aggregator gang
Ahko's comment implies that 100 Girlfriends is in fact a manga in their own universe. So either Rentaro's adventures exist in their world in manga form or their universe's 100 GFs focuses on a completely different character with 100 Girlfriends

Also we got a 🅱oneless Rentaro here

She mentioned the Genocide Route, and given this is Iku I think that's what she had in mind.

Which means that Iku is the first manga character to have canonically fought Sans
No no, she's just blatantly breaking the 4th wall with a jackhammer and talking about the Manga they're IN.

Also, I was just about the make the same joke. Here it regardless.

"Hello, I want to order one Rentaro, 🅱️ O N E L E S S"

Users who are viewing this thread