The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Ch. 172 - The Slender Lady—Pigtails—Pajamas Combo Chapter

Custom title
Staff
Developer
How is it not Luffy? This literally happens to him after using Gear 4/5
Rentarou's expression and white color are an obvious enough Ashita no Joe reference already, but to really drive it home, the dialogue and the little copywrite text at the end are directly referencing the phrasing in that famous scene. For reference.

To explain the joke, it's combining that with Rentarou being so deflated from all the lazing around that he looks like if it was Luffy inserted into that scene instead of Joe.

:korone:

Dex-chan lover
nice chapter. I'm glad to learn the life of the gfs when off screen.

Dex-chan lover
they actually went with another chapter like this, it wasn't just a gag at the last chapter :p

Dex-chan lover
Rentarou's expression and white color are an obvious enough Ashita no Joe reference already, but to really drive it home, the dialogue and the little copywrite text at the end are directly referencing the phrasing in that famous scene. For reference.

To explain the joke, it's combining that with Rentarou being so deflated from all the lazing around that he looks like if it was Luffy inserted into that scene instead of Joe.

:korone:
FYI, it's copyright. As in, the right to copy a specific work.

Dex-chan lover
Ashita no Joe reference plus Karane’s EXTREME smug face to Hakari almost killed me

Dex-chan lover
I never realised your MC had a D in his name

Thanks everyone at XuN for the translation

So now we know Mimimi is the cutoff between busty and slender and Uto/Rin are the cutoff between slender and little girl. Interesting!

NIB

Fed-Kun's army
Highlights from this chapter:
• The way that Usami pointed the Winnie the Pooh reference to Uto
• I like the way that Mei and Ahko are alongside with Rentaro in the second full page
• Kurumi said something that caught my attention: "You'd have to be smart to write a difficult manga". I mean, what's a "difficult manga" anyway?
• This arc made me realize: I find it ironic that Rentaro is gonna die one way or another whether his GFs help him or not, this guy is a lost cause.

Dex-chan lover
• Kurumi said something that caught my attention: "You'd have to be smart to write a difficult manga". I mean, what's a "difficult manga" anyway?
A manga that requires both great amounts of planning and knowledge on the author's part and a great amount of memory and reading comprehension on the reader's part.

If I had to name an example off the fly, it would probably be the later parts of Hunter x Hunter. Honestly, this goes for any piece of literature and not just manga.

And of course, this doesn't take away from authors who write other genres. But the fact is, "difficult entertainment" isn't always mainstream. Pop music, romcoms, match-3 games, the 'don't think' genres you know the drill. Another way to be smart is to cater to what's popular and find something unique to stand out. Nothing wrong with not making difficult stuff, but it's harder to make money off of something difficult and high effort when most people work 24/7 and just want to turn their brains off...including the writer.

Dex-chan lover
One thing I'm only now realizing is how Mei's reveal about how she has to consciously not work can also play into her relationship with Iku.

I've noticed before that Mei and Iku are close. They have a moment in Meme's "meet the family" chapter when they both pick the same hiding place for somewhat similar reasons, they do the ascetic training together, they're swinging on vines together in a bonus page from the zombie nurse chapters, it's Mei that Iku invites to join her on the Night Pool diving board, and Mei actually feels left out/depressed when Rin gets to spank Iku instead of her in the first Daily Life chapter. I tend to pay attention to this because I really like how they noticeably have a close friendship even though a big deal isn't usually made of it.

Mei's being a Workaholic builds on that. Much like the hide-and-seek moment, she is willing to the point of compulsion to push herself for the sake of her service to Hahari. Indeed it sounds like the only reason she takes days off at all is because Hahari makes her.

Dex-chan lover
This was better but.. under G cup could still be huge. It basically jumped small, medium, and some large. I feel scammed.

Need a B cup and smaller version, Damn it!!!!

I'm disappointed in you, manga.

Users who are viewing this thread