The 31st Consort - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.1

He added always when he said she helped him or something without introducing herself. It's as if he already knew her before, given the fact he used to sneak out the palace

@MrFunPlace youā€™re right that itā€™d be against social norms to appear to an invited function dressed poorly in most societies. I also misread your focus on to whom the respect was owed, as you had said ā€œi just see that as disrespectful to the kingā€ ā€” I misunderstood that to mean you expected her to treat him differently as a kingā€™s subject.

That said.
1) she did not flout her defining characteristics by giving him homemade food/tea & serving him. Sheā€™s been serving all the knights ā€” thatā€™s what has made her stand out. Her casual, countryside manners (as opposed to court appropriate) are basically her defining trait as the heroine.
2) this was a way for the protag ( & the readers) to see if heā€™s worthy for her, by seeing his reaction to her as she is. Sheā€™s feeling him out while feeling safe in her anonymity. Hence her embarrassment when he recognized her anyway.
3) thereā€™s also her words: "even without dressing up, the king will find it amusing to see a misfortunate consort like this.ā€ Also: ā€œIā€™m only at that standard...Iā€™m just a country girl...ā€ She is not rlly taking this consort thing seriously & doesnā€™t expect him to take her seriously. Itā€™s less disrespect for him & more disrespect for herself.

@Pocky8: this isnā€™t just any normal date though. This is the first meeting of a Special Shoujo Heroine Not Like the Other Girls & her love interest. She could have washed her face, but then she wouldnā€™t be as quirky/unique.

I donā€™t think this is important enough to continue debating, but I just find it illogical to be offended by her lack of primping & her misdirections when she meant no harm, did no harm, & actually made a favorable impression on him. If he were upset, thatā€™d be a diff story.

Fed-Kun's army
the king is pretty cool to be able to recognize her just from the tea/use of medicinal herbs.

Contributor
I don't see the problem with his name, it's just a name.

After all, if he was like the real Macron, then our FMC would not be 22 y old, but 52 or 62
2x

i cant understand how suicidal that court lady is
her scheme will be found out sooner or later and then she is out of a job, socialy disgraced and depending on her family possibly divorced/removed
at her age thats a death sentence

and thats if the king is in a generous mood
even in a constitutional monarchy causing disgrace to the kings public face was originally a capital crime in pre modern times

Double-page supporter
This is just my opinion, but I think being clean in front of a guest means the host of the house respecting their guest. It shouldn't be about "I don't want to be dolled up" or "I want to appear as I am." She could at least take a bath and clean herself.

Users who are viewing this thread