The 31st Consort - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.2

Fed-Kun's army
YES PLEASE! be the queen!

pfft, so our MC is easily provoked? Naisu!
our new Obaasan for our MC is perfect for her job!

ah yes just take a unique farmgirl and manipulate her into destroying her identity to forcibly turn her into something else, I'm sure that's not disgusting at all.

Lady Feria is nice and all, but she really is not suited to be queen. 😐 Her mannerisms also make her come across as very, very young.

I think itd be awful for her to become queen, she'd lose the freedom to be herself and do what she loves without care. Being a queen requires you to give up your individual identity, and its be a shame to see her shackled.

Fed-Kun's army
cant they just let her be the court weirdo? let her be weird and rowdy thats all. shes already suffering being forced to act like snotty, high class brats. its bad for her health...

Double-page supporter
I agree with UniYuki. Additionally, wasn't it her differences that made her appealing to the knights and the ruler person(was it prince or emperor? I can't remember) to begin with?

I cna't imagine mc being queen but she'll probably receive lots of lessons in preparation. knowing the mc's personality she should be able to release her inner "nobleness"

Thank you for the update! She's perfect!

@UniYuki Though, has she "changed" or just learned new skills? 🤔 Reminds me of my Mom. Was ordered by her parents to take "modeling lessons" after graduating college because she was deemed "not demure and lady-like". Mom took it in stride and work it as battle armor. Didn't change her nature one bit. She still cursed, ran union concrete finishers in the 1980s, and was a full on tomboy. Just one who when "called to task" could out "feminine" (note: the quotation marks are because of the subjectivity of the term in this case, and the implicit bias of the prior speakers) others who clung to it to show off. It was effectively a challenge for her, much like the protagonist.

That said, I respect your point. I think what makes her most suitable for Queen is her leadership capabilities. This is why I disagree with @marsbars & @Sumatose as her kind of "Queen" is more like Athena or an Amazon Queen than Aphrodite (if we use modern interpretations of Greek mythic examples).

She's the type to bake bread & effectively manage logistics, know everyone's needs, and lead from the front.

No, she isn't "arm candy" who sits around on a poof all day looking pretty. She's got the makings of a warrior queen and a Queen who knows & fights for the needs of her people. She's also apparently the closest thing this story has to an elected royal (such as the ancient Saxon tradition of Kings being elected elders who themselves were elected).

She'd be like an ancient female Pharaoh or an Empress or Queen who rules outright.

Girl's gotta get the poofs & pedestals out of their heads when it comes to "what makes a great female Queen/Leader". Yeah, she might not go down well amongst some of the aristocracy, but she'd be popular amongst the people and an effective leader who could improve the lives of the People (those she's directed to serve).

If she was Queen, and this is what happens in her off days . . .
I would love to see that!

shes really good at practical, everyday things, but idk if she could govern a fricken country... or is the king and his chancellor gonna do all of that;;; oh well, i probs shouldn't think too much bout it and just enjoy reading abt her shenanigans

I'm glad they didn't force her to completely become a new person. I was about to be real upset with this story.

Aggregator gang
@crustlessbread well, she needs only support her husband the King doesn't she? And who better than a wholesome capable lady like her. The most important thing is that the she must be likeable to the subjects.

Users who are viewing this thread