The Ancient Magus' Bride - Vol. 15 Ch. 71 - Nothing venture, nothing have. I

Fed-Kun's army
WOW since when did this became a fighting manga? well not that I'm complaining tho lol
Chise is totally badass and I'm down with it

The only thing I'm curious about is who did she get tose instincts from? (we already know the strength is from the dragon…but those reflexes? either the same source or from cartaphilus

…I'm guessing mostly the later because of how the pannels emphasize her left eye when she fought+with how messed up cartaphilus's life was lmao, he atleast have decades of experience on attacking ppl 😂)

Theories anyone?

Fed-Kun's army
we were very behind hum? o_O Really thanks for translating this!

If we think about it Chise is kind of a chimera seeing as she's part dragon and part immortal being. I won't be surprised if one of both take charge and react when Chise is in danger.

Notice that the cover page has Bachaman and Fabio in the same place Seth and his bodyguard were back in the beginning of Chapter 62. It seems to be somewhere in Italy.

I like how this chapter sort of explains Renfred and Alice’s use of guns in the past. It really is easier to just pull a trigger than cast a spell. It sort of reminded me of that “Harry Potter should have carried a 1911” copypasta.

Even though it isn’t stated, Liam seemed to be using his powers to control the gravity around himself during the fight.

pio

I'm almost 100% certain the chapter title is supposed to be "Nothing ventured, nothing gained", but regardless thanks for picking this up!

I am madly in love with you translator, I haven’t had this much magus bride since I began reading with 40chapters to catch up on 🥺 Thank you so much!!

I can’t wait to see Elias again and see what he thinks of Chise’s new round up of girls she cares for and new powerful people who want to use her magic

Dex-chan lover
Wow, so quick, really thank you for the dedication.

This chapter was fun, really shouneish without losin track of the atmosphere, cool seeing Zaccaroni in action with more details, the is a experienced sorcerer (still crazy).

Chise and Liam did give him trouble, Chise with her 2000 years of psychic instincts + draconic strenght and Liam heir of a family of warriors.

Director Bachmamm is quick for someone that needs a cane to walk, she clearly has dealt with shit in her life.

Dex-chan lover
@Terminus99 It a nice adition to the lore, magic is powerful but isnt totaly pratical, these types of limitation brings more diversity and proves when you see a mage using magic effortlessly in tough situations is because they are good.

Renfred did say he cast a spell of anti regeneration on the bullets, but Catarphilus still rose up, another detail about his curse.

Group Leader
I'm pretty sure the idiom in the title is supposed to be "nothing ventured, nothing gained". Either way, thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
@kiko29 I doubt Cartaphilus has anything resembling combat reflexes. If you look back to his previous actions, I'm pretty sure he basically never fights himself. Besides, the ominous eyes that Zaccaronni see ressembles a Gwee's pointy head, which is the species of the dragon Chise got her curse from.

Thank you for the upload!

It might sound bothersome to some of you but Chise has been *literally* picking up girls left and right... My yuri senses are tingling... Don't fight me.. this is just a personal thought.... Still love the whole series as it is.

Dex-chan lover
That was one action packed chapter daaaaaamn. Chise is fucking badass, though the fact that her body moved instinctly without her wanting to attack is scary...
Other students did good too!

Dex-chan lover
Chise can absorb magic from the air, has an immortality curse, and has the power of a dragon in her arm. Not sure what combo of those is making her a super soldier but I am very excited to see her get angry again.

I’m looking forward to seeing her reunite with her father and seeing her almost kill him on instinct

Users who are viewing this thread