The Ancient Magus' Bride - Vol. 19 Ch. 95.5 - Fragments X: The Golden Cloth

Contributor
Always a treat to see Alice and her sheananigans. Seems her "bro" is more like a second master together with Renfred.

Gotta say I really dislike the newer "alchemist" translation for majutsushi. "Alchemy" elicits few magical stuff outside of crafting potions, minerals, crystals and so on for most people. I think "sorcerer" or maybe "wizard" would be preferable terms for the broad amount of stuff these guys can do.
Not to mention alchemist translates pretty well into Renkinjutsushi. Majutsu refers to sorcery so sorcerer is probably the best translation.

Dex-chan lover
Gotta say I really dislike the newer "alchemist" translation for majutsushi. "Alchemy" elicits few magical stuff outside of crafting potions, minerals, crystals and so on for most people. I think "sorcerer" or maybe "wizard" would be preferable terms for the broad amount of stuff these guys can do.
Not to mention alchemist translates pretty well into Renkinjutsushi. Majutsu refers to sorcery so sorcerer is probably the best translation.
There's been talks by the manga editor that the series will be picked up for simulpub. At that point it will become "Alchemist" regardless due to that being the word the official translation from Seven Seas went with.

The word choice is to separate it from "magus" more, since people reading kept confusing who was being referred to, because people often view magus, wizard, and sorcerer as interchangeable terms.

Dex-chan lover
There's been talks by the manga editor that the series will be picked up for simulpub. At that point it will become "Alchemist" regardless due to that being the word the official translation from Seven Seas went with.

The word choice is to separate it from "magus" more, since people reading kept confusing who was being referred to, because people often view magus, wizard, and sorcerer as interchangeable terms.
Shame that Seven Seas did that. I still think people will at some point think "wow, these alchemists aren't doing much alchemy at all, seems more like magic to me".
Anyways, this is the same mahou vs majustsu translation conundrum from Fate all over again.

I wanna see the "magus" Stella and Ashen Eyes get involved in the next arc
I really hope they do something with it. Their whole interraction was cut from the anime, probably because it won’t have a payoff for a while, but I really hope it won’t just fade to nothing in the manga as well. It probably won’t, can’t recall any detail being dropped or forgotten till now

Real glad to see some more of this, but man… With this big of a non-health related break, the series better come back with a bang

Dex-chan lover
I really hope they do something with it. Their whole interraction was cut from the anime, probably because it won’t have a payoff for a while, but I really hope it won’t just fade to nothing in the manga as well. It probably won’t, can’t recall any detail being dropped or forgotten till now
We still have no idea who it was that gave Chise her staff when Elias had her trapped in chapter 31.

As for Stella, the anime still had Chise sniff Stella conspiculously. Odds are that her deal with Ashen Eye still happened, but offscreen for now, so that it'll be treated as a major reveal in the anime when it becomes relevant. As for Simon's stuff, the Church seems to be becoming relevant in the story again for the Beast Arc, so odds are that Simon's stuff was completely pushed back. And parts of it could happen very differently in the anime, since they could have to merge the auditor and Gabriella's appearance with their reappearances.

Group Leader
Beast Arc, when? :huh:

What an odd family they are. Will and Alice are as well as brother and sister now.

Double-page supporter
Alright, season 2 anime just ended today, so the anime caught up with this huh, with some few details not included in anime like the Narcisse "necromancy" something, and Lindel not gonna be Chise ally next time, so since this manga is on hiatus and the season 3 wont be coming like at least 5 years or more, I will wait patiently for the new arc

Users who are viewing this thread