The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 12 Ch. 60.1 - Summer Retreat (Part 1)

He told Basen that Maomao hasn't been told Jinshi is the crown prince/"king's younger brother" in disguise. It's why Basen is always so impatient with Maomao and disgusted that she doesn't treat him with proper deference. He freaked out because he doesn't understand why she wouldn't be told, and Gaoshun, in response, silenced his foolish son.

It's why Basen is so irked and tells Maomao about the Ma clan having served "Lord Kousen" for so long in the first place. The kirin hair ornament was also the big hint, though it isn't necessarily pointed out as well in the garden party arc as it is in the WN/LN.

He told Basen that Maomao hasn't been told Jinshi is the crown prince/"king's younger brother" in disguise. It's why Basen is always so impatient with Maomao and disgusted that she doesn't treat him with proper deference. He freaked out because he doesn't understand why she wouldn't be told, and Gaoshun, in response, silenced his foolish son.

It's why Basen is so irked and tells Maomao about the Ma clan having served "Lord Kousen" for so long in the first place. The kirin hair ornament was also the big hint, though it isn't necessarily pointed out as well in the garden party arc as it is in the WN/LN.
Which chapter is this in the webnovel?

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for the chapter!

I kinda love that the reason she hasn't figured this stuff out is because she doesn't. Give a shit. like you know what, fair.
I’d say it’s partially that she doesn’t give a shit, and partially that she doesn’t want to give a shit. She’s pretty aware that sticking her nose too much into sketchy court politics is a good way to get her head to kiss her body goodbye

Dex-chan lover
Her upbringing might be what is making her have 0 interest in love affairs as a result of her seeing how love is nothing more than a means of paying the bills as well as the way to catch deadly diseases, not to mention how she had to defend herself from rapists by making herself look worse intentionally.

Her upbringing really gives the worst impression for romance.
Also the entire mess with Rakan and her mother.
Not a very pretty reference point for what romance is either

Dex-chan lover
unknown.png

Oh no he's royalty.
Anyway...

Dex-chan lover
It's nice seeing Gao Shun's family. Being Jinshi's nanny must be unbearable otherwise. Also being a eunuch.

Contributor
Mao Mao rolls for intelligence! And she rolls a 1 ladies and gentlemen, it looks like she will never understand that he is part of the imperial family.
I can totally see the mangaka and editor discussing whether she gets the clue or not and they decide to roll for it. Looking at that nat 1, "Whelp, she's an idiot then. I'll get right on the drawings."

Last edited:

what chapter is this in the novel? I want to read the novel

Users who are viewing this thread