The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - The Packing

Dex-chan lover
@fresthy Indeed, but Maomao is more or less the opposite of a subdued person incapable of expressing their opinion when they know the other party is wrong. What does it matter what the father knows or doesn't know when it's Maomao going there, and she knows it very well?

Group Leader
@Kaarme

I'm not really an expert with the story, but here's my takes.

1. Mao mao doesn't know what's the true position of Jinshi and she also oblivious of his feeling towards mao mao.
Mao Mao still think that she will be executed if she make any mistakes, and she still didn't believe Jinshi will help her/ have any capability to help her.
Her line of reasoning could me something along "Jinshi position might be high, but surely someone is higher than him? If this someone higher than him suspect mao mao of something, could/will Jinshi really do anything?" (refer to ch 15, page 15).
The fact that Jinshi know what mao mao are capable of (in term of medicine/poison) is actually make it even worse (from her standpoint of view).

2. This might a bit far fetched, because it doesn't explained very well in novel (up to vol 2 at least), but Mao Mao tends to avoid unnecessary confrontation (except when it's about someone being harmed), especially with her father.
There is one chapter that talked about how her father forbade her from touching corpses, because he afraid mao mao will take it to another level of creepiness.
She know that she won't drop to that level, but she still abide with her father's warning.

Dex-chan lover
@fresthy She has previously even used Jinshi's name to get things moving her way. I'd say does realise Jinshi's influence in the harem well enough, but of course that doesn't mean anything if the emperor himself wants to get rid of her. However, she does still know she's valued because of her skills and knowledge, not because of her body and looks (although that might not be entirely true as far as Jinshi is concerned), so it is a bit strange to willfully limit her own possibilities to show those skills.

No, she doesn't know she wouldn't drop to that level. I'd say she would, and she knows it. That's why she obeys the command.

Fed-Kun's army
How do you guys form atachments with characters so quick?

I legit don't even know more than 2 names of these characters.

Aggregator gang
the dad looks dead
x9.jpg

Why do I feel some danger flag here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

thank you for the translations! <3 <3 <3

Ok, so quick question. Does anyone know why they tend to keep their outer coats (is that what they are? I have no idea) on their blankets?

Dex-chan lover
she don't have a mother. oh no. are they gonna make a plot twist that she's one of the consort secret daughter or something?

Contributor
I would like to see the dad more, but he's probably a genious, so he would be too op here.

Users who are viewing this thread