The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 8 Ch. 41 - Book

I cannot for the life of me pin down when this takes place, because I think they are talking at one point about the printing press from 1440 but also western medicine seems to be relatively advanced which came far later because it took quite a while for germ theory to catch on. But at what point would western medicine, the printing press, and an east Asian dynasty like this have existed at the same time without it being relatively recent (late 1700s-mid 1800s)?

Dex-chan lover
I cannot for the life of me pin down when this takes place, because I think they are talking at one point about the printing press from 1440 but also western medicine seems to be relatively advanced which came far later because it took quite a while for germ theory to catch on. But at what point would western medicine, the printing press, and an east Asian dynasty like this have existed at the same time without it being relatively recent (late 1700s-mid 1800s)?
You probably have trouble pinpointing the time this story happens because it is not actually China at any point in time.
It's a fictional world greatly inspired from China and the historical context is not any specific point in history either.
You can make rough estimates about when different elements of the story were from, but it's basically impossible to date the background as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread