The Archmage Returns After 4000 Years - Vol. 1 Ch. 71

Dex-chan lover
...I don't think he understands the spirit of "being undercover" nor its purpose.

Japanese authors always make their MC show modesty and restraint..Korean authors just make MCs go ham lol

This story is so cringe. "Gimme a fake id so i can pretend to be weak and go undercover." Next lemme just blow this supposedly unbreakable wall and stand way the fuck out. Wtf. Trash tier writing

Dex-chan lover
The real question that should be asked is what's so important on the other side of the wall that the only 5 star magician in town felt compelled to cast barriers to keep it under wraps.

😅

Thanks for the chapter

@cullinaire
I don't think there's anything behind it. Did you see how it was basically made from scrap metal? I think it's just a wall intended for training-

Dex-chan lover
@cullinaire Why would there be something behind the wall of the training room? It's sole purpose is to be blasted

They're leaving a lot of things unsaid in this chapter and it's confusing a lot of people.

1. The fake ID doesn't have to be stolen, it could be someone completely made up through record falsification (too conspicuous for A rank) or the pseudonym of an actual 3-star magician who works with them (not strong enough for A rank). Technically, Frey just used the latter method to create the high-ranked fake ID he needs. It's possible they covered up the death of a real C rank adventurer and stole his ID, but that's already risky for various reasons, impersonating a living adventurer would just be stupid.

2. He's not trying to go undercover and infiltrate anything, he just doesn't want people to know Frey Blake is around. Nobody in that territory is going to hear about a new 5-star A rank and think "oh I guess Frey's back." He's in a hurry and is leaving shortly anyway, he'll probably ask them to keep it under wraps until then.

3. The wall is just a makeshift training room wall that was magically strengthened, it's not hiding anything.

Speedrunners be like: shit, i stil haven't finished my merc guild questline. Well, off i go...

Is his neck always that long or his disguise turned him into a giraffe?

Users who are viewing this thread