The Archmage's Daughter

Dex-chan lover
This story really feels like it's riding on a template, rather than have any idea it wants to explore.
Stupid greedy evil family, "real" family leads to a better life, the MC is heavily antagonized and behaves feebly, the MC starts off as a worm but blossoms into a butterfly....It just keeps running forward while making check-marks on every trope it can think of. The only thing missing, is that the evil family will be eradicated far off in the future (the very fact that they antagonize the daughter of a world-ending-entity is just mind-blowing level of stupidity..)

This is basically what the Chinese would be making, if they had any idea how to "pace" anything, and try not to produce anything that's printed on toilet paper.

Am I the only one who thinks the dad in the cover image kinda resembles dark-haired Howl?

Most supernatural entities should just open orphanages or something, it's like they all have a built in -Take care of children- mode just waiting to put to use.

This gives me Monster Duchess and Contract Princess vibes but I'm feeling it. Thanks for translating

I was hoping the mc will be unique, but it’s a chulde desperate for love, altho it’s normal. Don’t think me of being sick pls 😭😂, but ig I wanted the mc to not trust anyone anymore and keep herself closed, then her father and everyone else try to open her up and she verrrry slowly opens up. I wanted a tragic/sad yet heartwarming genre... I wanted love to come to the mc, not her desperately searching for it. I mean, I understand it’s because she is a kid and it’s natural, but this didn’t really give me a feeling of sympathy cuz of it... I just see it as “cute”

I feel like the quality of the story telling is a bit low in this series. It's well drawn but something is falling short for me. Thank you for the hard work in translating. I won't be following this one but appreciate you posting it.

Power Uploader
I'm honestly amazed that this series is so highly rated. It's really not that good. The initial setup is clichéd and poorly executed, and (as of chap 4) hasn't gotten any better.

on our discord this has many followers in the library more than who made me a princess i thought it was really good but after reading the 5 chapters yeah it was cute the art is nice but something is missing theres no depth in the plot or maybe its too early to say since it only has 5chapters so the back story is not yet shown esp her mother and the reason she was sent to that house and many more about their identities.

Dex-chan lover
I don't quite get why some people are shitting on the 'plot'? It's literally 6 chapters in and just meant to be fluffy stuff so I'm not sure what you expected.

Very cute so far. The description summary already hurt my heart. I'm just glad there is no tragedy tag.

Users who are viewing this thread