The Archmage's Restaurant - Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
Compared to the novel, I think it was a nice touch and didn't drag longer than needed. The only gripe to some people is that there wasn't much food talk and more focus on the plot than the novel, despite the novel not having a plot from what I read. If you want more food talks then the novel is your best bet and drags the story for quite a bit and the order of the arcs is reversed.
There was a dad in the picture, but he died in a car crash and the mom was overworking herself to find El. Honestly, the chapters for it was more to "develop" El's and Rurin's relationship and got a new bed before they went back. Another thing the manwha glossed over was them recovering their mana. Since Earth doesn't have much mana for them to recover fast enough, it took them like two weeks iirc to recover enough magic to wormhole back. It's the reason why El was more sensitive to mana since he wasn't from a world that is abundant with it. Plus, El had more of a reason leave to Earth since his family wasn't alive. They didn't delve much into his depression other than "two days" passed and he managed to get out of his depressive stupor.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Compared to the novel, I think it was a nice touch and didn't drag longer than needed. The only gripe to some people is that there wasn't much food talk and more focus on the plot than the novel, despite the novel not having a plot from what I read. If you want more food talks then the novel is your best bet and drags the story for quite a bit and the order of the arcs is reversed.
There was a dad in the picture, but he died in a car crash and the mom was overworking herself to find El. Honestly, the chapters for it was more to "develop" El's and Rurin's relationship and got a new bed before they went back. Another thing the manwha glossed over was them recovering their mana. Since Earth doesn't have much mana for them to recover fast enough, it took them like two weeks iirc to recover enough magic to wormhole back. It's the reason why El was more sensitive to mana since he wasn't from a world that is abundant with it. Plus, El had more of a reason leave to Earth since his family wasn't alive. They didn't delve much into his depression other than "two days" passed and he managed to get out of his depressive stupor.
Reading the spoiler now, I think I like this version a bit better. I like how it touched upon Elison's feelings and depression a bit more.

Dex-chan lover

I don't really care if its filler on not. You can shove in good written content about mothers in ANY kind of story, and it will always at the bare minimum work and not intrusive.

The manga has so far had little cooking, i am also one of those who wants more of that.
Buuut. This here is totally ok. Els mom seemed like a sweetypie :meguuusad:

Users who are viewing this thread