The Blood Princess and the Knight - Vol. 1 Ch. 20 - A Conspiracy Lurks About

Supporter
Might as well have simply dropped the loli vampire part, since it's never getting used.

Fed-Kun's army
Maybe it's because the author is still setting up plot lines, but so far it feels kinda rambly with no real direction it's going.
I can't shake the feeling that the author doesn't really know what he wants to do with the MC. They set him up as the leader of the knights who was cursed to become a vampire loli, but then made him a scrawny young adult who acts like a basic neet, seemingly dropped the vampire loli curse entirely, and stuck him in a new chivalric order that's also somehow a highschool setting.

Really hope the story gets better past what I assume to be the exposition phase we're currently in.

Dex-chan lover
@blublab123
Seems clear to me why hes a neet.
Not like he can come back and work for those who wants to exterminate what he has become.
And the vamire curse already happened so it wont happen again for a short time, but as already shown it has started to happen more frequently.

Fed-Kun's army
@Nissedood What I mean is that he doesn't act like an experienced veteran who has supposedly won many battles on the front lines. He seems too reckless and quarrelsome to have been the head of the entire chivalric order.
You don't get into that kind of position by being an impulsive airhead. The way I see it the MC's backstory we're told doesn't really fit with how we see him acting.
It's one thing for a rookie to make rash decisions and let their feelings about things get to their head, but according to what we were told he was something akin to a general. This is what really bothers me about him.

Also just to clarify by neet I didn't just mean that he was unemployed, which I admit is explained well enough. I was referring to his overall mindset and demeanor he was exhibiting instead.

Anyway I'm gonna wait for a couple more chapters before I make my proper judgement on the matter, because as I said, we're still pretty early in the story, so there's a fair chance it will all come together a bit later on.

Maybe he was really just pretending to be an unreasonable teen so no one would guess he's actually a military leader, or maybe his title was just an honorary that didn't come with any authority. We'll see.

Dex-chan lover
@blublab123 While you have a really solid point and I agree with pretty much 99% of it as far as it being a writing flaw, I do think there needs to be a caveat. In truth it was pretty normal for generals or other major leaders throughout history to be surprisingly young and rash. Famously so is Simón Bolívar, who is one of history's greatest liberators but my god was he reckless and immature. Impulsive, risk-taking behavior is also pretty rewarded even today provided the person taking the risks is doing it with enough of a financial safety net.

Ideally, though, things ought to be the way you say -- that worthwhile, mature people wind up in charge over hotheads. And it is still a flaw of the writing I'm being asked to identify with this immature shithead when I'm here to see him forced to be a vampire princess.

Users who are viewing this thread