The Breaker - New Waves

Dex-chan lover
@b-no wait, what is the last confirmed news about s3? i thought that theres never going to be a s3?

Dex-chan lover
@b-no wait, what is the last confirmed news about s3? i thought that theres never going to be a s3?

Group Leader
@Drake98 It's not really confirmed since I just read it in Reddit that the author and artist are looking for publishers so take it with a grain of salt.

Dex-chan lover
@b-no time to re-read s2 i guess. i dont know but i like s2 more than s1. maybe because theres more character development or power to the mc or something...

It's been a while since I read this and a couple chapters in I remembered why this series didn't connect with me: the Main Character is awful. His generic and boring personality to one side, the biggest issue I had were his fights. Almost every single fight he gets into ends the exact same way. Excluding the fights that end in one-shot to try to pretend that he's actually a competent character. He gets the shit kicked out of him for 99% of his fights, but then the guy kicking his ass just decides he's done and declares the MC the winner. The first time I was okay with it, but it just kept happening and it's just not satisfying to watch. After awhile it didn't even feel like they were giving him respect, but rather pity.

I will say that the art is amazing, and some of the side characters are cool. The MC just kills any enjoyment I have when reading the series. If there is a season 3 coming, maybe I'll pick this back up.

recently reread this in one go, and i gotta say while part 1 was still super solid (a bit rough on the edges), part 2 new waves did not age well.
Especially now i realise how extremly lackluster the protag is, all relationships and interactions feel extremly weird and unnatural, besides the ones of the protag and the elders. all fights are extremly boring and dragged out, the whole part 2 was suffering badly from the pacing and lack of creativity/progress

that being said its stylish as shit but thats about it

shame

Fed-Kun's army
@Elaine420 Yup, for the most part until the last arc. Also, it ends on a "to be continued" which hasn't happened yet, so its probably never going to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread