The Café Terrace and Its Goddesses - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Familia

Dex-chan lover
I'm interested in reading but I do have some concerns. I really do hope the "you pervert!" shtick and the physical violence that come with it, is greatly reduced or removed altogether. It's a boring, not funny, redundant old trope. But knowing the author he will continue to have that as a "comedic" "running gag" as he done with other work.

Also I know the underhand tactics the girls were doing to not get kick out was portrayed "comedic" and to not be taken seriously. But I immediately think less of all them for trying to falsify a rape to blackmail the MC. Like realistic speaking, not only should have MC show them the door right there and now, a trip to jail would have been in order (framing a innocent individual of rape is no joke and and it does a huge disservice to actual rape victims).

But this is all fictional and played off comedic so I won't lose sleep over it. It just the whole falsify rape/blackmail "joke" leaves a bitter taste for a otherwise interesting start.

Dex-chan lover
goddess of poverty huh, seems like a noragami reference lol

Fed-Kun's army
"In this handsome harem under one roof by Koji Seo of Suzuka, Kimi no Iru Machi, and Fuuka, which girl will you fall in love with? A seaside love comedy with too many heroines!"

I see hitman was not listed

Dex-chan lover
Sadge to see Hitman getting axed but hoping Seo might return to his form, his writing with Hitman was kinda bad. Promising to say the least

Double-page supporter
holy shit MC with balls that doesnt succumb to blackmail or women... and doesnt turn all red and act like a super virgin... 10/10

Dex-chan lover
@conqjw7 It went down when he decided to make it a full blown cameo fest of his previous works. A few references or crosses would've been fine, but it was overboard at this point.

Man, his last few series didn't take off so Seo's gone back to hardcore tropes with multiple potential waifus to appeal to as many possible bases as possible. The only twist so far is that the main character is an asshole instead of a wimpy glass of water.

I feel like this isn't going to go well, but its too early to be certain.

Users who are viewing this thread