The Case of the Beastkin Captain's Temporary Engagement - Ch. 1

Some people really need to get into literature a bit more, given that there are even bestseller books which cover such topics. "The reader" is good example, where a very young boy's affair with a much older women is the main plot. Kate Winslet even won an oscar for the movie. I mean, I wouldn't expect anything great from this series, but it's not like anything has actually happened until now - unlike in "the reader", for example.

I wouldn't mind an age gap as much if she was an adult but nope. Had to make her 13. Disappointing. This seemed like it would be interesting too but sadly a no read.

Fed-Kun's army
@BlueCatMage You said everything I wanted to. It's like the author put a batch of keywords and just rolled them out of a gachapon to make this story.

And why the heck was did his puberty-beast-thing not hit him while he was busy partying and getting 'sloppy' wouldn't the atmosphere trigger it more? That bite was seriously traumatic and rapey yo.

@RamenRider I was also wondering what happens if the genders were reversed? What if two people bite the same person?

Fed-Kun's army
imagine complaining about different cultural values in media from another culture

Dex-chan lover
25 and 13? boi i sure hope we get a time skip, probably not gonna happen doe... and yeah i know, older society they become adults at 15, etc; still 13 is a bit too young, maybe if the dude was 17 or 18, that way there can be a friendship for the 3 years and the drama can start when she's 16 and he 20, that seems more pausible for manga standarts

Fed-Kun's army
age aside, the setting for their contact is too unrealistic (i get it that this is a fantasy but there must be some limit so it doesn't go to wtf spectrum).

why is that she needs to crossdress again?

...tbh, the age gap was better than how it was usually. But anyway thanks for the update! I hope someone will pick this up and continued it..

I can't help but agree that the basis of the story is uncomfortable at best. It's worse when there are the lines about 12/13 still being before puberty. That not just wrong, but somehow makes the core premise even worse than the numbers alone. ffs Japan. How'd this get published. Smh

Also just now noticed. . . . dad is a wolf and mom is a cat. So. . . . WHAT KIND OF ANIMAL IS THE SON?! O_O?

Double-page supporter
The problem isn't the age gap. The problem is that the MC can't possibly consent as her mind isn't developed(I see no way to wiggle out of this truth). A 200-year-old person can romance a 25-year-old person because both can consent(although why they would stretches believably). Romance requires consent, so I'm out. 😑

age gap aside the whole situation is bullshit

this is all on him, why should she deal with all this bs because she was forced, surely there would be a law for these situations

Aggregator gang
I like the idea of this story....
But a 13-year-old and a 25-year-old!?
That's an uncomfortable difference.... Even when she turns 18 and becomes legal, he'll already be 30!
Not insurmountable at that point, but still uncomfortable! The mental age gap would be huge still!
I want to see how this plays out, so I'm going to try to forget she's so young......

Why did they have to make her 13?! They should've just made her a short girl around 18-19 yrs old if they still wanted her to look like a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread