The Case of the Beastkin Captain's Temporary Engagement

Aggregator gang
@buyaoren
and the whole 'adult man but emotionally childish' trope is gross too.

What do you mean by that? You mean like someone who had stunted growth due to brain damage or we talking like--, well I can't really remember the manga, it had an anime and it was trash but basically some high school girl basically ends up getting a harem of bishounen looking dudes, like young adults ~18 years old but turns out they're all actually like grade school kids...

Totally get where the scanlating team are coming from... Didn't see that coming lol. She could just be very petite but nope they went for a sorta loli theme and I'm not for that 🤢

Too much sexualisation of women and particularly young girls & non-binaries as is.

Aggregator gang
@Evgrace did you actually read it, she's a girl who was dressed up like a boy when she got bitten, no yaoi, just a REVERSE trap type girl and a boy almost 2x her age so no "fujoshi trap" stuff here...though the whole she's 13 and he's 25 thing is still there so...won't be able to argue against the base point of the other half if the story doesn't do a decent length timeskip early on...which it probably wont...

red flags goes on, but im curious of for what will happen
generally dont mind reading adult-to-child/child-to-adult relationships

Double-page supporter
I thought she was just a petite 15-16yo (which is the age most shoujo protags are around) and that the guy was like 18-20.. but 13 AND the ML is 25?! A 12 year gap isn't a problem, but pairing a kid with an adult is gross and all sorts of uncomfortable.

I don't even give a shit about the age gap stuff, I've seen worse in this type of setting. What I do care about is that everything about this world and it's society is fucking stupid.

I would have liked to read at least 2 more chapters before dropping it.. i wanted to see how they interact more, maybe (hopefully) there will be a time skip?

but i agree with the most saying "wtf"
First the setting doesn't make sense.. and the age gap is a big nope!

@Hobnobs emotionally, not physically. Like, take Takane no Hana, where the male lead is successful in society, but petty and childish in his romantic life.

Aggregator gang
@buyaoren I thought you meant gross in a paedophilic way. The ML doesn't really seem like a child to me. Assuming I am looking at the right manga.

@hina_sw For what it seems the real romantic plot will occur in her 16... but yeah.
I get is fiction and everyone is entitled to like what they like, it is fiction after all, I won't openly judge.

However, there is not warning, I propose an age gap warning in the description or in the etiquette for comfort of others so it can be avoided.

I want to be openly honest about this, I think people are making a big deal of this in the wrong direction, as "gross" "pedophilia" etc, you aren't helping, instead ask politely the team to put a warning guys, so more people can't be deceived by the cute cover, because this looks like a "regular" shoujo, that's it.

If people want to keep reading this is their choice, and they are warned, if the translated team want to keep working on this is also their choice, you just don't go a hijack their comment section like this, it's rude.

I get the morality of this, fiction is full of things like that, I dropped it because is not of liking, but that's it.
Again, I request a warning for future readers.

I'm so sad you're dropping this, but if you're really uncomfortable about it, then I guess it is your choice. However, if you are doing this because of what other people might say, I wish you will rconsider. There might be people who doesn't like it but they can just not read it. ^_^ But I do respect your decision. Thanks for your hard work! I hope someone picks this up!

Am i the only one somewhat miffed that the story was a yaoi set-up genderbender shoujo? 🤔
Oh well, i'll just see how it goes

Double-page supporter
Why the fuck the author chose their ages to be that way i will never wrap my head around it. It's a decent story too ://

i really want to ignore the age gap in this haha. I would feel kind of wrong if i liked this manga and completely disregarded the fact that the female lead is a literal CHILD in the first chapter and the male lead is in his MID TWENTIES.

so i will give this a good rating since its a good story, just the age setting as of RN is kind of weird and the female lead is still a minor and not even like the age of consent yet.

hopefully there will be a time jump before anything more romantic happens 😃

Too bad they dropped this. This one is good it’s better than many other manga manhua manhwa out there, and FL is not a weakling!

Users who are viewing this thread