The Chronicle of Teenage Boys

Contributor
@louu113

By getting someone to add a "webtoon" tag in the genre list, which will make it display it in strip format.

Which I have just done.

(However, I'm not going to read this one, tragedy is not my cup of tea, ufufu...)

Group Leader
@louu113 : Sorry about it, I forgot to add "webtoon" genre in it. Is it ok now?

@Pokari : Thanks for your help >,< . And you must read it, the story is so good (so far)

Contributor
@Rin13

Well, I know—I did at least glance at the first chapter while making sure it was fixed, and I felt my heart melting a bit. So cute~

But that's exactly why I don't want to read it! If this is going to end with all their little hearts broken, or worse, I don't want to read it!

(Well, normally for a tragedy tag on something like this I'd check again near/after completion to see spoilers in the comments, if there are any, to get the gist of what the tragedy is all about. And then if it seems like something I can handle, I might read it.)

Dex-chan lover
tip: This is easier to read if you go in settings and set "Preload images" to like 20.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@lly
Calling something "gay" is not acceptable on MD and is a violation of rule 5.1, Be Civil.

Please reacquaint yourself with our rules here: https://mangadex.org/rules and find more constructive ways to criticize releases.

Thanks,

Zeph

@Zephyrus
Disagreeing with an opinion is totally fine. All we ask is that you keep to the topic at hand and refrain from resorting to personal attacks on other involved parties. To that end, please avoid racist, sexist, and religious discrimination or other terminology where the intended outcome is to be offensive.
Please explain your reasoning. It's not the first display of alien logic when it comes to your "moderating", and because you really seem like a sensitive type, it will be to everyone's benefit if you'll do that.

Staff
Super Moderator
@mikegnesium
I don't think I should have to explain this and frankly, I think you're just looking for a fight.

Calling something "gay" is not acceptable because you're equating homosexuality with something bad. Being gay, lesbian, whatever isn't bad and it certainly shouldn't be used as an insult.

@Zephyrus
"Frankly", that explanation sounds really disingenuous coming from someone who defends, or defended Kronix' right to use the derogatory words like "pussahs" to refer to female characters, which can easily be extrapolated to straight up sexism and gender objectification, if one was inclined to care enough about autistic internet rambling to do so.

Calling something "gay" is not acceptable because you're equating homosexuality with something bad.
Please provide context for that - there's nothing in "offender's" one word post to indicate his-hers disdain for alternative sexual orientations. Without it, it only seems like you're the one secretly thinking that "homosexuality is bad".

Either that, or you're in the business of assigning intent.

With that out of the way, please point out the offended party here, which upon personal attack was unleashed upon. It really seems like you're willfully taking advantage of the rule's vague formulation to enforce your personal opinions about others and assign intent to their language. Selectively.

Staff
Super Moderator
@mikegnesium
I don't defend anything that kronix says or does. I never did.

Please stop trying to bait me into an argument. If you continue to do so, moderator action will be taken. Please refer to rule 5.3.1.

Thanks,

Zeph

@Zephyrus

So now you lie - I specifically remember being advised to block him when I pointed out him behaving in such manner once with explanation that he "isn't breaking any rules". On top of that, you cannot explain your own reasoning with regards to rule interpretation and resort to threats when asked questions about it.

You really shouldn't be in any position of power.

Also, you don't have to reply
Thanks

Staff
Super Moderator
@mikegnesium
He is not currently breaking any rules. Is he obnoxious? Yes. Vulgar? Yes. A troll? Most certainly. But the blocking feature handily fixes all three of those issues. I have not had one single report on kronix, either via PM or on the new system, since I made it very clear to him that if he makes one more post where he is personally attacking another user, then he will receive a pretty hefty punishment.

I don't construe that as "defending" or even condoning his actions. It would be an abuse of power to ban him simply for being obnoxious.

I warned you specifically not to continue to argue. You've done so. Take 3 days off from commenting.

Contributor
HERE I COME UNINVITED.
@Zephyrus
I'm sure @lly just posted what he posted for fun. I mean, even in other forums it has a somewhat joking connotation when you just throw up the word. Kinda like the seal.

Staff
Super Moderator
@kenx
The warning that I issued actually sparked a staff debate on whether or not the usage of gay is offensive and therefore actionable.

The conclusion was that from this warning on, it would not be actionable except in the hopefully rare instance where it's used as an insult.

It also sparked the announcement thread I created to make clear why and how I moderate.

I didn't think it worth retracting the warning for various reasons, but mostly out of laziness and seeing no need to do so :v

I appreciate you bringing up your concerns in a friendly manner!

lly

Contributor
@Zephyrus @kenx

Damn, I just wanted to write a shitty meme comment. :(

But I understand why it can be seen as offensive (and really low effort, I stopped posting these). Thanks for the warning though.

Users who are viewing this thread